JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith in a Marvel Comic Book Movie?

Radewart

For those to lazy to click on the link, here's the article! Thanx 4 posting that link man! :2thumbs:

________________________________________________________________________________

An A-Lister as Nick Fury?

The ultimate casting rumor is here.

by Stax

November 4, 2005 - IGN FilmForce has heard some interesting RUMORS about which A-list star Marvel Studios may be considering for their feature film version of Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

As you know, Nick Fury is part of the Marvel/Paramount Pictures slate where Marvel will produce films for Paramount to distribute. Although a writer or director has yet to be officially named, that doesn't mean Marvel isn't grinding ahead with Fury's development.

According to a trusted source, Marvel is looking to make the big-screen Nick Fury more along the lines of The Ultimates version than the traditional character. In other words, this Nick Fury will be an African-American. This is also in keeping with the portrayal of Fury in the upcoming direct-to-DVD animated release of Ultimate Avengers.

The Ultimates version of Fury was clearly drawn to resemble actor Samuel L. Jackson. So guess which thesp Marvel is said to be considering for Nick Fury?

No, not Sam Jackson.

Our says says it's none other than Oscar nominee and action star Will Smith. The multihyphenate previously starred in the comic book movie franchise Men in Black.

Smith's reps at CAA said this was news to them and his publicist advised us that "Will is not involved in this project in any way, shape or form."

Marvel's camp, however, proved evasive when contacted for confirmation, denial or comment. Is it possible then that Smith is the actor Marvel wants for the role, the star they are developing the project in mind with, but have not yet approached him?

Consider this all just a rumor ... for now.

Guest Justice Knight

Will needs to FORGET ALL the Other projects and DO THIS NOW!!!!

If he doesnt mak this movie, HE"S CRAZY, it is the perfect role!!!!

If anyone else has read the Ultimates comics, you'll agree!!!!

Come on will

• 2 weeks later...

Well I remember watching Entertainment Tonight and they said that Will Smith was sign on for "Tonight He Comes" and I found an artile I think on msn that Will Smith and the director of T3 was in talks 2 get this film started. In that article it seems like a lot of other A-List stars wanted play this character but Will beat them out. I dont think Will has the time 2 do this Marvel Comic Book character Nick Fury.