JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What did Will do?

PhiL

• Members

What did Will do to open so many doors for people in the Hip hop world?

I know that he have opened doors for Hip hop but i just wanna know what did he do that was so special?

I havent been a Will Smith fan for that long so a don't know a great deal about him sorry

Edited by PhiL

It's actually quite easy 2 see how he's accomplished all that he's done. He's stayed positive and done as much "right" as a person can do. He's stayed true 2 himself and never sold out for any reason. It dosen't get any realer than that.

Look at other rappers. They live filthy lifestyles and then glorify it. Anyone who worships ho's, alcohol, drugs, guns, violence, money and dose it while cussing up a storm is a lost, ignorant person. And 4 those who don't live like that and pretend that they do on records...well, that's just phoney and stupid.

I agree wit AJ. Will is just real. Will won the first Grammy but boycott it cus they weren't gonna air that part of the award on tv. Will has always kept his rhymes true. Will has always been goofy, smart and funny guy and his rhymes show that. Even tho ppl say he ain't real but what u see is what u get. I mean how can ppl say he ain't real he's being who he really is in life.

Will has always had respect 4 other rappers and well all of hiphop. Will doesn't start no beef so his name can get put out there. Even if other rappers have spoken ill about him, he doesn't loses his cool. In fact Will doesn't put down rappers instead he trys 2 help them even more by trying 2 be a mentor 2 them. Will is 1 of the very few rappers that does see himself as a role model 4 kids and other. And thats becus he has kids of his own and well had other rappers that he knew that mentored him on the game. Thats why you have cats like Nick Cannon and Bow Wow giving props 2 him cus Will was a mentor 2 them.

Will is also not a credit hog either. I mean the hardly gets any credit now. But when he see others that do a good job he lets ppl know. In lost and found he would like 2 get alittle bit more credit he says but he ain't running around on shows saying give me credit or I did that 1st and now they are trying to copy me. Like sum other gangsta rapper has been doing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

What did Will do to open so many doors for people in the Hip hop world?

I know that he have opened doors for Hip hop but i just wanna know what did he do that was so special?

I havent been a Will Smith fan for that long so a don't know a great deal about him sorry

well Uncle Phil, ( do u mind if I call u that? ok good) he and Jazz did alot of friends. Like being super orignal, and talkin rap music out of the ghetto. He did lots of things. I guess u could call me a new fan of his too, but all u gatta do is listen 2 his CD to know what he did.