JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Cam`ron got shot

Turntable

Superstar rapper Cam’ron was shot three times in Washington, DC this morning (Oct. 23) sources have revealed to AllHipHop.com.

The Harlem, New York native was leaving club H20 en-route to Love (formerly Dream) when three unknown gunmen approached the rapper.

While details are sketchy, eyewitnesses said the men were seeking the rapper’s pricey Lamborghini, which he was driving while in town for a performance over the weekend.

“They were after that car,” an eyewitness told AllHipHop.com. “Cam refused to give it up and attempted to drive away and they shot up the car.”

Cam’ron was struck three times and while officials have not released his actual status, sources said at least one bullet struck the rapper in the arm.

His injures are allegedly not life threatening and the rapper was treated at Howard University Hospital.

“Juelz, Jim [Jones] and other Dip-Set members are with him at the hospital right now,” the source said.

Cam’ron, CEO of Diplomat Records, has been driving the blue Lamborghini since at least June of 2005.

"I bought the Lamborghini especially for New York," Cam'ron told a 106 & Park audience prior to being arrested. “Because we figure that we can only see stuff like this in Miami, but I am bringing it to the streets of New York."

In July, police in Harlem stopped the rapper and arrested him while driving the Italian sports car for driving with a suspended license.

Officials at Howard University Hospital declined comment and police did not comment at press time

-----

Edited by Turntable

You mean to tell me all that means that one sentence? Whoa. I thought Japanese was confusing. :lolsign: Hopefully, something is found out. Of course we all know if 50 finds out about this story, he's going to say that Cam'ron is trying to copy him so he can have a career like his. :rofl:

Superstar rapper Cam’ron was shot three times in Washington, DC this morning (Oct. 23) sources have revealed to AllHipHop.com.

The Harlem, New York native was leaving club H20 en-route to Love (formerly Dream) when three unknown gunmen approached the rapper.

While details are sketchy, eyewitnesses said the men were seeking the rapper’s pricey Lamborghini, which he was driving while in town for a performance over the weekend.

“They were after that car,” an eyewitness told AllHipHop.com. “Cam refused to give it up and attempted to drive away and they shot up the car.”

Cam’ron was struck three times and while officials have not released his actual status, sources said at least one bullet struck the rapper in the arm.

His injures are allegedly not life threatening and the rapper was treated at Howard University Hospital.

“Juelz, Jim [Jones] and other Dip-Set members are with him at the hospital right now,” the source said.

Cam’ron, CEO of Diplomat Records, has been driving the blue Lamborghini since at least June of 2005.

"I bought the Lamborghini especially for New York," Cam'ron told a 106 & Park audience prior to being arrested. “Because we figure that we can only see stuff like this in Miami, but I am bringing it to the streets of New York."

In July, police in Harlem stopped the rapper and arrested him while driving the Italian sports car for driving with a suspended license.

Officials at Howard University Hospital declined comment and police did not comment at press time.

UPDATE on Cam'ron's codition

Monday - October 24, 2005

Andres Tardio

A few months before his new album “Killa Season” hits the store shelves, Cam’ron was shot in Washington D.C.

On Sunday morning around two, Cam’ron drove away from the H20 nightclub and was approached by men. While Cam sat in his Lamborghini, the men drove up and pulled up beside him. They proceeded with an attempted to car jack of Cam’s vehicle to no avail.

“Car pulls up, see a guy jump out. Said ‘Yo, give up the car!’ I looked at him like he crazy! Then, I pulled off.” Cam later said to reporters.

Once Cam failed to do what the assailants asked, they fired a few shots in his direction. After shooting the side of his vehicle and shattering the windows, shots struck Cam’ron. According to some members in the Dipset camp, shots hit his arms while he was holding the steering wheel.

After the incident, Cam was taken to a nearby hospital for special emergency care. There, other members of Dipset stood by his side, including Jim Jones and Juelz Santana. The assailants are said to be on the loose after driving off in a Ford Expedition. Apparently, they hit a parked car, as well as a home nearby. Officers are still looking for the shooters.

Fortunately, the CEO of Dipset Records is said to be doing fine.

“Cam’Ron will be just fine. He’s in good spirits. He’s cracking jokes and will be released in the near future. He even asked the nurse for her phone number when he woke up”, said his manager, Joseph Sherman.

“Cam’Ron will be just fine. He’s in good spirits. He’s cracking jokes and will be released in the near future. He even asked the nurse for her phone number when he woke up”, said his manager, Joseph Sherman.

:lolsign: That's something that Will woud do! :rofl:

:lolsign: That's something that Will woud do! :rofl:

Cough... Jada... Cough