JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will feat Jay-Z and Kanye West

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't forget about Mariah either, she's sexy and got a great voice. Anyways Xzibit showed love to Will on his song "Criminal Set":

"And I’m the only one left from the West that you can’t f*** with

But lately I’ve been feelin like Will Smith

Why bother with rap when I can get 20 mill’ on a flick ?", he recognizes Will's power and wishes he was there!

He also did a cover of Public Enemy's "Fight The Power" on XXX2 soundtrack, he respects the legends! :thumbsup:

dont do the so fresh beat, do a jay z beat maybe like "change clothes" and do jay z rapping on "change clothes", get a kanye acapella and then a verse from will. try to have the verse from will like NOT to be "gettin jiggy wit it" or "switch" or "men in black"

theres an idea

"Change Clothes" sucks, that's like the worst song on "The Black Album", I'd rather hear a verse from "Dirt On Your Shoulder" along with the beat, Timbaland laced him well on that one, that's a better song and maybe a verse from "Swagga" if you got the accepella, that'd flow well together, or maybe the verse from "Girls Ain't Nothin' But Trouble" with "Girls Girls Girls" with it's instrumental, that'd sound fun, I wouldn't mind if "Gettin' Jiggy With It" was mixed with "Big Pimpin'" either but "Big Pimpin'" wasn't on "Blueprint" or "Black Album" so you might not have the accepella to that.

Edited by bigted

The reason i don't care 2 hear a Jay-Z and Kanye acappella with a FP verse is beyond the fact that i don't think their music is worthy 2 mixed with him...but also cuz it wouldn't make sense. Their music generally has nothing lyrically 2 do with FP's stuff. At least LL and Lyte have lyrics that are not only dope, but also blend with FP's style and point of view on music and life. Why put new jack rappers along side FP when they haven't prooved themselves. The only newer emcees i could see on a worthy level would be The Fugees, Busta Rhymes, ...and well, that's about it. I'm overlooking the non-commercial stuff of course.

The reason i don't care 2 hear a Jay-Z and Kanye acappella with a FP verse is beyond the fact that i don't think their music is worthy 2 mixed with him...but also cuz it wouldn't make sense. Their music generally has nothing lyrically 2 do with FP's stuff. At least LL and Lyte have lyrics that are not only dope, but also blend with FP's style and point of view on music and life. Why put new jack rappers along side FP when they haven't prooved themselves. The only newer emcees i could see on a worthy level would be The Fugees, Busta Rhymes, ...and well, that's about it. I'm overlooking the non-commercial stuff of course.

They haven't proven themselves? I could see maybe you could say that about Kanye West but Jay-Z has 9 albums and he does talk about real life issues just like Will does in some of his songs even though he dumbs down much more than Will does, but it's not a coincidence why a lot of JJFP fans like Jay-Z, Will says that Jay-Z is the one commercial rapper out now that he really respects too, Jay-Z respects Will as well, I wouldn't mind if they did a song together even though Jay-Z is far from the 1st person that I'd like to see Will work with but if he can't get with Wyclef, Nas, or Common, he could call Jay-Z if he needs a current rapper on his song but if you don't wanna hear Will wit Jay-Z on the mix, you don't have to listen, that's your opinion but Will likes Jay-Z too like it or not, it's just like the people that hate on Will and like Jay-Z they don't realise that Jay-Z likes Will too.

Edited by bigted