JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

2PAC

JumpinJack AJ

Man, it's incredible that it's been this long, but today (technically yesterday since i'm posting this after midnight where i live) marks the 9 year anniversary of 2Pac's death. I just remember how i waz disappointed in the Deathrow aspect of his album All Eyes On Me....but how incredible and unstoppable his album was. But when he got shot, i just felt like i saw it coming...but i had no idea that about a week later, he would actually pass on. I remember sitting on my bedroom floor, going thru' some music, when my brother opened my door and said "2Pac died"...it waz one the weirdest moments i've ever gone thru.' I'd been following him since 1991, and a but fan of Digital Underground, so my loyalty 2 him as an artist ran deep. I remember going downstairs, turning on MTV and just watching it all nite as they'd re-run the same MTV News update on it, then airing a block of his videos over and over again, and watching Yo! MTV Raps.

After that, we watched the violence between Rap and the streets grow. We watched security jump, we watched people stop claiming where they come from, we watched party pop start 2 take over, we watched millions of bandwagon fans embrace his music...and the Hip-Hop game as we know it, changed forever. 2Pac was just getting started, and about 2 set people straight on what he waz about and what his style of Hip-Hop waz about, but all that waz cut short. If he wouldn't have passed, i don't think commercial rap would be in such a crappy place right now. I'm not saying all of this has played off of his murder, but i believe that if he waz still around, he would have been one of the few people who would directed the way Hip-Hop and Rap went.

Those of u who haven't been in2 him but wanna check him out, check his stuff b4 1997...and check the movie Tupac Resurrection.

Rest In Peace 2Pac.

Besides all about his influence and personaliy and so on. he was a very talented rapper. he actually had skills, his flow must be one of the best in hiphop. That's not something u can say about commercial rappers nowadays

RIP 2Pac, it's amazing that it's been 9 years already, the state of hip-hop has gone down for the worst, it's a shame though that most of the people who started to get into Pac didn't start getting into him until he died, it was unfortunate that I only got to hear the Death Row stuff of Pac at that time since I was starting to get into hip-hop in '96 but over the years I checked out a lot of his older stuff and it's his best work that displays who he really is, I guess sometimes it's hard to appreciate how talented an artist is until they're gone but Pac is loved by those who've heard his songs and his music'll live longer than us just like Will's and every other rapper that puts a message in their music, because what he talked about is timeless and a lot of this crap out now'll eventually die away, Pac was one of a kind.

Rest In Peace Tupac Shakur

he was one of the first hip hop artists i got into after Will. practically every song the guy did i loved. i remember when 2pac died too. i didn't know who he was or what he did, i just remember hearing it on the news. he might just be the greatest rapper of the '90's in my opinion. his albums were amazing. it's a shame my parents took away the Pac albums i had a couple of years ago but i deserved it since i downloaded it. since then i've bought one of the clean versions of his albums and downloaded the rest. when i get a lil older and have some more money to spare i'm gonna try 2 buy as many of his albums as i can.