JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

R&B songwriters C. Haggins/I.Barias mention JJFP!

bigted

• Members

The beef that I have with Eminem is that a lot of his fans are kids and he really doesn't make the type of music that they'd be able to learn anything positive from it, he don't have to be squeaky clean but he should at least put songs together that're more respectful than what he has, I'd rather let a kid listen to 2Pac 'cause all of his songs had messages to them even when he cursed a lot, it's just not healthy for kids to be listening to songs about killing their mother and wife but millions of them do, older heads would know that it's just a song but the youngeons could be mislead, Will said something like this before too in an interview:

"Why is it so important to keep it clean?

To me theirs two issues. Number one rap music like movies is not kept away from children. There's not the ratings system to keep them from certain sections of the store. Rap music, people can act like its not, but rap music is for kids. You know its completely directed at children and impressionable minds and I just think it's dangerous to pump that kind of cavalier misogyny and hatred in young minds. A big part of it is a lot of the artists that are doing it are young too. You know so their people that haven't even really developed their point of view of life and are thrust into a position where their role models and their up on stage and can rile people up to do things and I got kids I don't want em listening to that trash. "

I only used Chris Rock to make a point.Besides I don't give a got damn what other people are doing I wouldn't let my children listen to any body but Will including Eminem.And listening to tupac kids aren't hearing any message he's trying to leave all they hear is the cussing.Like I said I'm through with this you can waste energy coming at me but I left it alone :pony:

The beef that I have with Eminem is that a lot of his fans are kids and he really doesn't make the type of music that they'd be able to learn anything positive from it, he don't have to be squeaky clean but he should at least put songs together that're more respectful than what he has, I'd rather let a kid listen to 2Pac 'cause all of his songs had messages to them even when he cursed a lot, it's just not healthy for kids to be listening to songs about killing their mother and wife but millions of them do, older heads would know that it's just a song but the youngeons could be mislead, Will said something like this before too in an interview:

"Why is it so important to keep it clean?

To me theirs two issues. Number one rap music like movies is not kept away from children. There's not the ratings system to keep them from certain sections of the store. Rap music, people can act like its not, but rap music is for kids. You know its completely directed at children and impressionable minds and I just think it's dangerous to pump that kind of cavalier misogyny and hatred in young minds. A big part of it is a lot of the artists that are doing it are young too. You know so their people that haven't even really developed their point of view of life and are thrust into a position where their role models and their up on stage and can rile people up to do things and I got kids I don't want em listening to that trash. "

I only used Chris Rock to make a point.Besides I don't give a got damn what other people are doing I wouldn't let my children listen to any body but Will including Eminem.And listening to tupac kids aren't hearing any message he's trying to leave all they hear is the cussing.Like I said I'm through with this you can waste energy coming at me but I left it alone :pony:

Check post #86 I left it alone

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

terry_nickels posted Friday, December 17, 2004 7:42:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 2 3 4 5

Lyrics

Production

"Eminem Is The Greatest."

Eminem is, and will always be, the greatest of all time. What else can we expect but to let our jaws drop when that man spits.

Terry Nickels Underground hip-hop.Now here's a man who know's what the hell he's talking about :thumbsup:

"Perfect!"

The illest S.O.B alive man. This guy is crazy! One of his best songs ever.

The Nebulous Nebula posted Thursday, June 02, 2005 3:11:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 2 3 4 5

Lyrics

Production

"....."

Now don't get me wrong the lyrics are off the hook, but it's not freestyle. I heard this same **** on a radio show.

specialk posted Thursday, July 01, 2004 12:04:00 PM

1 2 3 4 5

Lyrics

Production

"Eminem Freestyle"

This is back in the days when Eminem could freestyle apsolutely sick; he is one of the best of all time with KRS-One,Supernatural,A-Butta and Me. This beat was provided by the second best, Dr.Dre, who changes up the beats and Eminem just continues to kill it.

d danja posted Monday, March 29, 2004 11:47:00 AM

1 2 3 4 5

Lyrics

Production

"Still Amazin'"

I heard this one and I just knew this dude was gonna be great. Six years later, he's till doin' his thing like crazy, even though that new D12 joint is corny as f*ck.

pg13whitey posted Saturday, May 03, 2003 8:26:00 PM

1 2 3 4 5

Lyrics

Production

"Best Freestyler Ever"

Can’t touch Eminem when he’s freestyling. Sickest stuff you will ever hear.

Edited by smootb

smootb, just give it up. If all u care about is Eminem, visit his message board...not this one. I don't know no Terry Nickles and i don't care what he has 2 say. And like the majority of the replies, it has nothing 2 do with the original topic of this post.

Eminem is not the greatest off all time. U act like he can hang on the same level of Run-DMC, Eric B + Rakim, A Tribe Called Quest, LL Cool J, Queen Latifah, JJ+FP, and MC Lyte. That's just not the case and never will be. His lyrics are no longer witty and clever, his voice, delivery, and flow are just obnoxious. If u wanna hear some good Hip-Hop from the last few years, check De La Soul's, Brand Nubian's, Jazzy Jeff's and Fresh Prince's lastest albums. Eminem has nothing 2 do with that. Put the music side by side, there is no comparison.

Someone please lock this post!!

• Members

I don't know Terry Nickels is either.And I don't know jumpinjackaj or what ever or powerysa whatever.I'm Entitled to say I think Eminem Is one of the greatest just like you entitled to say you don't like him.First amendment dog.I love Em that's constitutional right to say I like him it's yours not to.So I like Em you don't who cares if you do or don't.In my heart and my mind is one of the greatest and that's all that matters.Just Like big daddy kane said in the classic symphony.That category period end of story. :thumbsup: