JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

the new Will Smith?

Luigie

I visited nick's webpage...deeeeem this guy doesn't looks like Will, when u see a photo of Will u see a charismatic guy, but nick...looks like a comun singer he doesn't shows charisma, Will is unique!! nobody can copie the Big Willie Style :wickedwisdom:

This was posted before, maybe on the acting side possibly, he got a lot of potential, I think "Drumline"'s one of the best movies in recent years and I'll be interested to see how he does in "Underclassman", he needs to put more work in as an mc, release more singles, do more performances, he acts like he's a veteran like Will the way he releases his stuff, when JJFP came out they were on the grind in the hip-hop scene with constant releases and tours, Will wasn't doing the acting thing then so he was able to get the game on lock, sell millions of albums when most weren't and win the 1st rap Grammy in the golden era, Nick still has a lot to prove, his first album flopped, well the way the commercial rap scene is he could release a few dope albums and have the game on lock but he needs to put focus on that if he wants to compete as an mc, I think at this point he could only possibly compete with Will on the movie screen, he can't check the mic for Will yet though, Nick's sorta done the reverse thing, he proved himself as an actor 1st, he needs to take time off to prove himself as an mc now, being dominant at both rapping and acting is hard to do, even LL has struggled with the acting part.

Edited by bigted

The new will smith

more like

Thanks to will smith

Haha, agreed...

He has potential... We'll see... Nick needs a grammy... he has a few kids choice awards I think... We'll see how he does, but I think it's best that he is left to develop on his own in the absense of scrutiny and comparisons... Stars usually develop best under those conditions.

The new will smith

more like

Thanks to will smith

Haha, agreed...

He has potential... We'll see... Nick needs a grammy... he has a few kids choice awards I think... We'll see how he does, but I think it's best that he is left to develop on his own in the absense of scrutiny and comparisons... Stars usually develop best under those conditions.

He'll need to win an Oscar too, we all know Will's bound to win one someday, he was snubbed for "Ali", that movie deserved it, I don't nobody could be the next Will Smith and to make comparisons so early is like the media dissin' Will, you can't really compare anybody to Will, he's one of a kind.

I love Nick Cannon. He just reminds me of myself sometimes and i'm always drawn 2 celebs who remind me of me. People compare new talent 2 established talent all the time. It's no big deal. After all, he's a young emcee who is having alot of acting success and incorporates comedy in2 alot of his stuff...similar 2 FP.