JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lennie, LeMar and Lance Bennett

Jonny 5

Lennie Bennett is Kel Spencer, who was featured on "Uhhh" and co-wrote some songs with Will over recent years, I think the rest are a part of Tra-Knox, maybe all related to Kel Spencer.

I was just checkin' out the credits to 'Born To Reign' and Will mentions that their names are Theron(Chico), Ramon, and Tone, so Lemar and Lance ain't in Tra-Knox, so are they just songwriters or do they rap like Kel Spencer too? Speaking of Kel Spencer is that mixtape ever comin' out soon or is it comin' out in 2010 when the "Party Starter" video drops? :lolsign:

Yeah, it's Kel + company.  Tim actually posted an interview with them a few months ago.

I thought Kel Spencer was the only one that was interviewed, I actually do remember Kel mentioning in there though that he started an entertainment company with his brothers, maybe that's what you're referring to? Do his brothers record their own songs too or are they producers for him? I noticed that Tra-Knox wasn't really that involved in writing their parts of the songs so Lemar and Lance most likely wrote their parts, most singers use songwriters to write their songs except for a few like R. Kelly, Keith Sweat, and Alicia Keys.

Edited by bigted

Has anybody ever heard Kel Spencer on these mixtapes? It says that he was on these on his website, it'd be nice if they actually sold that stuff on his website, maybe he would gain some fans if he did that:

http://www.kelspencer.net/bio.html

Mix Tapes:

June 2002 DJ Envy

April 2002 DJ AP.

March 2002 DJ AP.

January 2002 DJ Kool Kid

February 2001 DJ Tony Touch

February 2001 DJ Self

February 2001 DJ Lil Mic

February 2001 DJ Kool Kid

February 2001 DJ Envy

February 2001 DJ AP.

December 2000 DJ P-Drama

October 2000 DJ Kosmic Kev

October 2000 DJ Envy

October 2000 DJ Self

September 2000 DJ Lil Mic

July 2000 DJ Kool Kid

May 2000 DJ Envy

March 2000 DJ Envy

September 1999 DJ Action

May 1999 DJ Envy

June 1997 DJ El Gee

• 1 month later...
  • Members

You people are idiots. Lance Bennett plays football for Indiana University, and writes songs with his brothers. It's not Kel ****ing Spencer. I mean, what is wrong with you all...and where would you come up with the conception that it's Kel Spencer...please.

The Man, The Myth...The Legend

IU Football Fan & Alum

Hey chill homie, I don't think all of us might follow college football so we might not know about Lance playing at Indiana University, I don't follow it myself, thanks for clearing that up though! btw, is there a way for us to get mixtapes of the stuff that Kel Spencer and his brothers work on?! They need to promote themselves more, not even a lot of us know what they're up to.