JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

lost and found bonus tracks

After alot of weeks of L&F... I came to the conclusion that without switch and if u can't dance... this would be the best album 2005. Now it gets beaten by Common so far.

I don't know about that 'cause I think "Go!" is kinda boring, "If You Can't Dance" has more energy than "Go!" does and I don't think "BE" is Common's best album but that's a whole another discussion, if "Lost and Found" was shortened to about 10-12 tracks it'd be a perfect album like "Code Red", adding more brings up debate usually.

But you're not saying that If You Can't Dance is a better track are you...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After alot of weeks of L&F... I came to the conclusion that without switch and if u can't dance... this would be the best album 2005. Now it gets beaten by Common so far.

I don't know about that 'cause I think "Go!" is kinda boring, "If You Can't Dance" has more energy than "Go!" does and I don't think "BE" is Common's best album but that's a whole another discussion, if "Lost and Found" was shortened to about 10-12 tracks it'd be a perfect album like "Code Red", adding more brings up debate usually.

Hell yeah I am, "Go!" sucks, I skip that track when I play "BE", "Lost and Found" is the album of the year too, "Party Starter" will blow all comp away! :chuks:

Edited by bigted

Hell yeah I am, "Go!" sucks, I skip that track when I play "BE", "Lost and Found" is the album of the year too, "Party Starter" will blow all comp away! :chuks:

:whatthelerkot: :whatthelerkot: :whatthelerkot:

Go.. is. much.

no i ain't gonna go there.

Go.. is. much.

Ok... ok... I have one question before I move along...

Ted, if Will had recorded Go and Common had recorded If You Can't Dance, and they were exactly the same, you would say that Common's If You Can't Dance is better than Will's Go right...

Go.. is. much.

Ok... ok... I have one question before I move along...

Ted, if Will had recorded Go and Common had recorded If You Can't Dance, and they were exactly the same, you would say that Common's If You Can't Dance is better than Will's Go right...

Yes I would say that, "The Corner"'s better than "Switch", you act like I was dissin' Common, I think Common's one of the dopest mcs out now, but I'm just not a fan of "Go!" just like I ain't much of a fan on "Switch", I ain't trying to be no loretta 'cause I ain't afraid to admit that my favorite artists could make mistakes since I think subjectively, when you make over 100 songs in your career there's bound to be ones that stick out more than others no matter how great you are.

Edited by bigted

I believe that the removal of "If You Can't Dance" and the addition of "Coming to the Stage" would have made the album better...

I don't think that Wave 'Em Off is as bad as some people make it out to be, and if there is a track on the album that it is better than, I think it is If You Can't Dance, regardless of what track it was based on. The beat isn't that good, and the lyrics really aren't that good. Was Will contrained by Roxanne, Roxanne... most likely, but that still doesn't make the track good.

Incidentally, if people are truly serious in saying that they want Will to gain more respect in hip hop circles, are truly annoyed about black entertainment establishments not playing his music and are not just complaining for complaining's sake, I suggest you slowly back away from any advocacy of If You Can't Dance as a single or having a music video.

I believe that the removal of "If You Can't Dance" and the addition of "Coming to the Stage" would have made the album better...

I don't think that Wave 'Em Off is as bad as some people make it out to be, and if there is a track on the album that it is better than, I think it is If You Can't Dance, regardless of what track it was based on. The beat isn't that good, and the lyrics really aren't that good. Was Will contrained by Roxanne, Roxanne... most likely, but that still doesn't make the track good.

Incidentally, if people are truly serious in saying that they want Will to gain more respect in hip hop circles, are truly annoyed about black entertainment establishments not playing his music and are not just complaining for complaining's sake, I suggest you slowly back away from any advocacy of If You Can't Dance as a single or having a music video.

I was just saying that "If You Can't Dance" would've been even better than "Switch" as the 1st single, but it's only the 10th best song on the album so I don't ever want it to come out as a single literally, I never said it was my favorite track, and btw I heard a lot of Common fans say that "BE" has been falling off the charts 'cause "Go!" is a weak single, I'm not the only one to feel that way and some people have said "Lost and Found" has better production than "BE" does.

• Admin

Maxfly If you cant dance is one of those fun tracks.. you cant be serious all the time.. I think it was a neccesary track to balance out the album.. Coming to the stage is more of a hyped up track.. I think If U cant dance is pretty funny and fun.. I dont think it should be a video or single, but I still think it deserves its place on the album :yeah:

I think "If U Can't Dance (Slide)" is one of my top favs now....and has been for months. It's the most JJ+FP track on the album. The beat is great. At 1st i thought it waz average, but now i love it. The lyrics and flow are totally on point. The song is loaded with FP style lyrics...the comedy, the cleverness, the cockyness.

Maxfly If you cant dance is one of those fun tracks.. you cant be serious all the time.. I think it was a neccesary track to balance out the album.. Coming to the stage is more of a hyped up track.. I think If U cant dance is pretty funny and fun.. I dont think it should be a video or single, but I still think it deserves its place on the album  :yeah:

At the same time Tim, that justification could be supplied in order to put any mediocre track on an album. "It's fun, it's different, even though it's not that good, so let's put it on." I understand balancing off pretty serious content with happier, lighter content, but at the same time, I don't think your have to forego quality in doing that. If You Can't Dance, by many people's admission, isn't even one of the top 10 tracks on the album. So yeah, balancing serious content with lighter content is good, but balancing excellent content with mediocre content is not so good. This is especially true when we know how good the lighter content can be... (Can You Feel Me?, Candy, It's All Good)

Though the content is different, Coming to the stage is just as light, happy and energetic as If You Can't Dance, but is superior and would make a great replacement.

As for I You Can't Dance being a better single than Switch Ted... (it's very rare that I take a stand for Switch guys... so take a picture or do whatever you need to do to commemorate this occasion) I highly doubt that you even want to have that discussion. With a single usually comes a music video, and a music video for "If You Can't Dance" would only serve to prolong the disrepect Will gets for his music. He would instantly have been labeled Pop, and even worse, the music video and song would have seemed associated, obviously, with Hitch because of its topic... If Will ever wants to separate his music from his acting... If You Can't Dance as the first and only single for 5 months wouldn't be a good idea... While it is possibe that If You Can't Dance might have commercial success because of Hitch... it would be even less helpful to Lost and Found than Switch has... and I could hear you complaining about how much black radio won't play "If You Can't Dance."