JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

This Weeks Billboard- Switch rises again

• Admin

I think 7 is gonna be its peak though..its never gonna get ahead of the songs in front of it.. #7 single ..great effort by Will!!!(dont call it a comeback)

Now dont expect party starter to rush straight into the top 10.. like I said with Switch it takes up to 3 months to get up there ..

I definitely did not expect this. While Switch is a pretty good song, it is one of the weaker ones on the album, so I expect Party Starter and Tell Me Why to do just as well. It may take a while, but they should. I never cease to be amazed by how well this song is doing.

I'm pretty surprised myself. Keep in mind that Switch is getting virtually no airplay on "black radio" and the video is basically non-existent on BET & MTV. Most "urban" DJs and critics act like Will doesn't exist. But you know what.... THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!!!!!!

YEAH!!! Will is doing it on his own. Can wait till his album goes GOLD so he can tell all these cats that say he ain't hiphop or he had his run 2 kiss his @$$! :respect:

I know I harp a lot about black radio but I have one more gripe. On the Billboard R&B/Rap Airplay Top 50 charts, Switch is nowhere to be found. That's not a surprise.

What is a surprise is that Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl is #35 on the chart. Now I love Hollaback Girl but it's not hip-hop and it's on the chart while Switch is hip-hop and it's nowhere to be found.

I rest my case. The music industry is dead.

I rest my case.  The music industry is dead.

The music industry is already dead man! For so long! You wan't real Hip Hop, then don't look at the Billboard charts! Listen to some underground Hip Hop! Even legend aren't on the charts these days! It's sad! :shakehead: