JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Can I Live?

There's no release date set for his album yet? That was the problem he had with sales of his last album, he released his album about a year after his 1st single, not many have success doing that.

I see the video starting to get more airplay now on BET, I think it even made 106 & Park a few times this week too.

I heard the song and its aight. It's summer tho' so I'm not sure if many people will be feeling this. Now if he released that "Get Crunk Shorty" song this time 2 years ago or last summer, he woulda had much more success.

Also, the reason why the album also didnt get much success is his whole deal with Nickelodeon. - A worldwide kids network. That ain't gonna make you look good in the rap game. Maybe if he changed his name to "Cannon" he'd be much better. haha. j/p. No im serious though but the Nickelodeon thing tho, end of '03, early '04 i was bumpin his CD, my friends dissed me though because of his status of being a Nickelodeon star.

I saw the video again just now. Man, i love this song. I can't wait 2 pick up the new album. My friend who have seen the new video are feelin' it 2.

Jim, didn't u originaly dislike Nick Cannon cuz of his affiliation with Nickeloden? I remember someone on this board said they didn't like him at all, but then they gave him a chance and ended up loving the album.

I knew exactly what u mean. But at the same time, he's gotta do what in his heart, ya know. If it's something he likes doin,' which i would probably like doin,' i wouldn't get totally away from it either. By getting away from Nickelodeon, he can undo that affiliation with them. Besides, it's not like Hip-Hop and Rap fans supported him by getting millions of copies of his album. Why sell him self out 4 people who haven't supported him in a big way.

Hopefully his next album drops by the end of the summer. With his last one "Your Pops Don't Like Me" came out in March. The single had moderate success but waz over by the beginning of summer. "Feelin' Freaky" waz a very average song. I think that Jive thought having B2K on the hook would take it 2 big levels, which it didn't. "Gigilo" waz a big hit, but Nick knocks that song saying that there's so much more 2 himself than that single. His album waz ORIGINALLY slated for April 2003, it didn't come out til Oct/Nov 2003. That's a 6/7 month wait....that's 2 long the majority of his audience.

Major, major props to Nick for taking a step back and hitting us with a serious and deep track. Always liked him his as an entertainer... even from my "All That" days, but now he's earning a little respect in hip hop. Hope he continues.

I just saw a rerun of 2day's 106 + Park...IT'S NUMBER 1!!! I'm really impressed. Usually the 106 audience puts that G-Unit and Mike Jones type trash 2 the top of the charts. I'm glad some quality music with actual subject matter is one the top at the moment.

I just saw a rerun of 2day's 106 + Park...IT'S NUMBER 1!!!  I'm really impressed.  Usually the 106 audience puts that G-Unit and Mike Jones type trash 2 the top of the charts.  I'm glad some quality music with actual subject matter is one the top at the moment.

That is great news! :2thumbs: