JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What hapened to Tra-Knox?

I'm thinkin' that their ties with FP fell apart when Overbrook lost their distribution deal and their album (which featured a rap by FP) didn't look like it was coming back. I wish them the best, they are some talented guys. Born To Reign definitly wasn't their style. When i saw JJ+FP at the MTV Beach House in 2002, they were there and they sang Jodeci's "Luv U 4 Life" acapella and it waz nothing short of amazing.

I don't get why Will doesn't sign more artists, he has the money to get his label going in a strong direction.

MC Lyte waz gonna drop an album on Overbrook 2 but since they lost their distribution deal, they let her go. I bet her album on Overbrook would have been better than her Underground Heat album. Breeze's album never came out either. From what i heard on the WWW soundtrack and Willennium, they had skillz.

The thing is, Born To Reign wazn't a "Will Smith" album. It waz Will Smith Introducing/Featruing Tra-Knox. I think the reason people don't like B2R is becuz of his experimenting with different sounds. But alot of people wanna tack that on Tra-Knox. Their style of music isn't what B2R is. If they got their own music out, it wouldn't sound like B2R at all. Listen 2 them on "I'm Comin'"...they sound great. And when i saw them live, that's when i knew they were the truth.

The thing is, Born To Reign wazn't a "Will Smith" album. It waz Will Smith Introducing/Featruing Tra-Knox. I think the reason people don't like B2R is becuz of his experimenting with different sounds. But alot of people wanna tack that on Tra-Knox. Their style of music isn't what B2R is. If they got their own music out, it wouldn't sound like B2R at all. Listen 2 them on "I'm Comin'"...they sound great. And when i saw them live, that's when i knew they were the truth.

Yeah u could be right but I love the album tho', it just annoys me after a while because they're on any track of da album and damn that's too much!!! But the thing wit' da style is right, yeah normally they're pretty good but I think I don't really like them tho'! :werd: