JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

k-os - joyful rebellion

Hero1

• Admin

hey i got that new k-os album.. mainly because some of u guys on here were reccomended it..i cant even remember who it was? anyway i love this album..really really good! and yes the beat for crabbuckit is eerily similar to switch :kekeke:

• Admin

yep i ordered his albums from amazon with sum credit i had.. havent listened to exit properly yet..stuck on the latest at the moment.. its a nice mix of rap..and singing..and live instrumentation..exactly the kind of stuff i like :wiggle:

• Members

man u guys cant believe of how happy im feeling by reading this post!!!

i mentioned that album in a post last week and cant believe you actually went out n bought that album.

ever since i got myself that record he's defenatky become one of my favorite artist ever. i first heard of him a few years ago when he had a single out here in gemany with barrington levy, the rascalz and some german rapper; n a few months later he had that song with the chemical brothers with that really awsome video (you can check it out at http://www.k-osmusic.com/). my fav trax right now r: 1bboy stance, 2dirty water, 3clap ur hands, 4man i used to be. even though theres some singing on the album the plain rap tracks are off the hook.

ive been also searching the web on everything there is on him. i found like 5-6 great videos and just ordered that exit album, cant wait for it to arrive. im sure we'll still get hear alot on him in the future.

im also glad to see that the people in this forum apreciate his music. and the great thing is, hes touring germany this month so for the germans in here be sure to check him out.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

i went to see k-os performing here in germany last month. was a dope concert with real good live music. and the crazy thing about the show was that as an encore he freestyled over the music of bboy stance and the first verse he rapped was the first verse of brand new funk with some words changed (just the way rappers use to do with freestyles). at first i thought to myself i knows these lyrics and when i noticed where they were from it was a crazy feeling to know he knows jjfp songs like that one. may sound boring but it was a fun moment though.

Bout time man. I told y'all to get this a long time ago. AJ, stop holding off. This is a talented dude. You've said you're a CD freak, I can think of two more for you to get. K-os delivers some of the best music I've heard.

In Joyful Rebellion music is the focus. He finds the instrument that best fits the song. There's all kinds of different styles.

Get this CD.

God Blessa!

Edited by djsilvertiger

Yeah, i told you that a remix of switch and crabbuckit would be dope! i like the video too! he's a gifted and talented artist who knows what hes doing and he always gave props to the oldskoolers.

btw, im not talented in remixing, so some of yall could do a remix?

• Members

im trying to mix the songs together. its my first time though and it may take some more days too. i already got the first verse and the both tracks seem to fit well together. do you think it is a good idea to change switchs "oh lalala" with k-os' "she got the crab in the bucket"???