JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What bothers me about his solo albums

• Members

Anyone notice this? I noticed this in Will 2K I love the CD but stop flaunting man your better than that. He even says "Not Conceedid I'm as good as I say I am" how silly. You are too good to be showing off

Don't Get Me Wrong The CD's Rule just that bothers me

I know what u mean...but think about it. Hip-Hop has always been a "bragging art." Listen 2 any Hip-Hop track from the late '70's and early '80's. The bragging waz always there. I agree that it gets annoying but there is so much more 2 his music than that. At least FP can back up what he says. Every single commerical rapper is bragging in their rhymes and they really don't have the right.

Listen 2 the JJ+FP stuff...the bragging is still there.

• Admin

thats what annoyed me about big willie style... but in willennium and lost and found it wasnt really there as bad.. in BWS it was "i got money cars im on magazines yadda yadda" which i wasnt really feelin..i prefer traxs like "twinkle twinkle" :peace:

A lot Mc`s do that.

Like LL`s line.."LL.The greatest of al time.Cool J,the greatest of al time.."

But i think it depnes on which Mc says things like that.Some of them realy hear things like that all day from othe Mc`s.But if an MC like 50 Cent says things like that it`s just silly.

Anyone notice this? I noticed this in Will 2K I love the CD but stop flaunting man your better than that. He even says "Not Conceedid I'm as good as I say I am" how silly. You are too good to be showing off

Don't Get Me Wrong The CD's Rule just that bothers me

Will's one of the richest men in the world, he's making 20 Million A Film, damn if I had that kind of money I'd brag too, he does own those cars he talks about, he's on the cover of magazines, and he's got a hot wife, if that was my life, I'd wanna talk about that too, but I'm poor so I talk about how I'm just getting by and tryin' to make it in the world in my songs, he's just speaking about his life, he talks about the problems that he has too, the fame doesn't always make you happy, but he doesn't brag as much as Cassidy, Bow Wow, and these up and coming rappers do, come on now, how could they be that rich as they say on their 1st albums when they're making only 50 cents for each album they sell? :cwm: 50 Cent brags about sleeping with Vivica Fox, come on now, why'd she want him? he's a loner! :hilarious:

Edited by bigted

A lot Mc`s do that.

Like LL`s line.."LL.The greatest of al time.Cool J,the greatest of al time.."

But i think it depnes on which Mc says things like that.Some of them realy hear things like that all day from othe Mc`s.But if an MC like 50 Cent says things like that it`s just silly.

Yes I think so, too! If Will and LL say that it's pretty aight, because they know what they talkin' about, they don't just talk around some trash, know I mean?! :kool:

is it "showing off" or "confidence" with a twyst of "I don't care what u think about me" attitude????

I guess if i were just as successful... I might show off just a lil bit tooo. :thumb:

JUUUUUUst a lil bit. lmbo

I'm nowhere near a celebrity like Will, but what gets me,...is that its really annoying when i find chiks tryna get close to me, out of 'curiosity' when they find out about my talents, or how ppl are just naturally drawn 2 me or my personality... , then start tryna BE like me. (steal my identity, so to speak) :antlers: I can't stand how people always scrutinize my EVERY move, always looking for flaws in my personality or behaviour.... so in Will's case, I hope he keeps that high level of confidence, cuz I MOs DEF don't think I could deal with Hollywood or the public in my life like that...

can u imagine working in the yard, no make up, hair looking like WHOA! lmAo...no dazzling look,...but just down on ur knees and hands in the dirt then sum paparazis are snappin pics to sell? lmao

peace,

cookie

In his defense, i see it this way...it's his life. And real artists put their lives in their music. He's got a beautiful wife, he's got a music career and a movie career, he's got a family. He's got a life that alot of people want. Why other artists like the talentless 50 Cent brag about stuff...they brag about the wrong stuff or they brag about stuff they don't actually have.

Right now i'm actually totally feeling "Wave 'Em Off." That song is filled with confidence and bragging...and i love it right now. I'm going thru' something right now where alot my peers and so-called friends are hating and jealous of me right now in my local acting/theater community. I'm torn between shedding my Mr. Nice Guy image and Wavin' Them Off...ha ha.

AJ..I feel u on that "shedding Mr/Ms Nice guy/gal" image...

but with the old saying of "keep ur friends close, and enemies closer"... bump that!... I stay AWAY from enemies and jealous ppl, TOTALLY! and when u have a discerning spirit and can pick up those so called 'friends' jealous energy... stay away from them cats too, because some of them will talk down about u, just to get others to dislike u...

man...that makes me wanna just slap the $&!# outta ppl..but I laugh at the thought. (a THOUGHT thats worth my while! but the action is not worth dampering my reputation) hehe :kekeke:

slap em silly in ur thoughts...BEAT EM DOWN...and smile BACK in their face when they smilin in urs. hehe

peace,

cookie

That stuff is definately just a part of hip hop, to some extent, and I love it when it's clever and written in a fun way... but sometimes I think Will lays it on a little thick... SOMEday I'll finish my L&F review, but that type of stuff kills "Wave 'Em Off" for me. I love the beat to that track-- it reminds me of Dilated & Kanye's "My Way"-- but I can't stand the lyrics. They're not poorly written, I just really don't wanna hear more and more and more about how rich you are Will. I get it! GOSH!!!!! :slap: What's your point??! I know your wallets thick!