JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

proof will worked with wyclef

The thing is alot of people who run record labels (L.A. Reid, Michael Bivins, Babyface, L.L. Cool J, Will, Jermaine Dupri, etc) ARE artists so they SHOULD know what needs the artists need met. Some of them do a decent job and of them screw over their artists the way they were screwed over.

Columbia gives Hip Hop no respect at all. I heard They, in a sense, force Nas to put 1 or 2 party joints on his albums, to help with sales. Maybe not all party, but turned away from his normal direction. Edited by Vipa

Well they also dropped Mariah Carey who sold over 100 million records if I'm not mistaken and they also screwed Michael Jackson up as well, this label is trash!

• Members
MJ dosnt make good music anymore and it doesnt sell that wel asswell, besides hes on trial for child molesting ofcours their gona drop him

Mariah Carry sold alot of records before but lately she didnt (i allways tought her music sucked but thats besides the poitnt) shs a nerous wreck and shejust flopped

So it wasnt profitable to spend time on her or michael anymore becouse they just dint make enough money for this [b]company[/b]

and will didnt sell 30 mil he sold lemmee think 15 mil or so on columbia. (jj fp was on jive)

besides his sales we falling.. BWS 12 mil (ww) WIllenium 3 mil? btr less then a milion... And not only that [pop music how it is now isnt interested in things like will it is interested in things like 50 cent, it just isnt wills time now so it is logical they dropt him cus it prolly just wasnt profitable

[quote]Columbia gives Hip Hop no respect at all. I heard They, in a sense, force Nas to put 1 or 2 party joints on his albums, to help with sales. Maybe not all party, but turned away from his normal direction.[/quote]

And why should they have respect for hiphop? they arnt here to get good music out they are here to get money Edited by Daedalus Mortality

Not all labels are like that cuz not all labels think like that tho.' That's why some artists have had slumping sales in the past and remain on the label...cuz they are not trying 2 be just a money making machine.