JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tell Me Why Release Date

When Should Tell Me Why Be Released?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. When Should Tell Me Why Be Released?

• Early May
    • Late May
    • Early June
    • Late June
    • Early July
    • Late July

I voted early June, i know theres this whole summertime debate but switch is doing far too well for another single just yet. We've gotta wait until switch has died down and it wont for a while bcoz most countries its still rising. I know album sales arnt great right now but ppl will remmember how good switch was and then when they hear tell me why the album will shoot back up to the top ten.

Plus i heard last week Will said he thinks tell me why will be released next, so if hes not sure he probably hasnt done a video yet.

There's a cascading effect with single releases... Not all countries have switch yet, and we certainly can't wait until it's been released in all countries and doing well before another single is released. We have to keep move forward. Conventional wisdom says that an artist should wait until a single reaches its peak before releasing another single... However, in Will's case, it may be a good idea to "flood" the airwaves and try to get two hit singles on the charts at the same time. This would generate interest in the album as people will be thinking... Hey, Will has two hits on this album, maybe I should check it out. Look at all the G-Unit garbage on the radio... like 4 tracks are out at the same time right now... Switch is a party track... it did what it needed to do... it generated some initial interest for Lost and Found. It's time we gave it a partner in crime on the charts...

Tell Me Why needs to be released now. The sooner the world begins to recognize Will's skills, the better. In early June, when summer rolls around, Party Starter needs to be released. The more songs out by Will at once, the better.