JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lost and Found review

ProfX

• Members

I recently bought Lost and Found. Must say that I am enjoying it more than I did Born to Reign. Anyone know anything about who "Michelle" is on Holy Roller? Whoever she is she obviously made Will mad. What do you think of his comments?

If you didn't buy the CD did you know that there is a mini poster of Will in it? I appreciate the information to visit willsmith.com for the lyrics poster. Cool but what alot to print out. :ridepony: Right now I'm really enjoying Party Starter and Switch.

I am surprised that Will doesn't get any air play. I haven't heard any of these on the radio here in Atlanta, Georgia. This is a good album but probably not "gansta" enough for the Rap market. Too bad. It just right for those who see the foolishness of rapping about sex, money and violence all the time. Get real!

Whatever anybody says I give Will his props here. Ay boy! You got yo swagga back! Now switch! :dancingcool:

Peace! :peace:

PS

Thanks will for remembering those of us who can't dance. Now I can SlIdE!

Welcome back to the forum man. Glad you're enjoying the album. None of the other tracks from the album have been realeased yet, that's why they haven't been played on the radio yet. Yet, you're right... even if they were released, they probably wouldn't get much airplay, songs aren't gangsta enough.

It's like he says in I Wish I Made That

Black radio, they won't play me though

Ever since Summertime, they ain't like none of mine

Even though the fans went out and bought enough

I guess they think Will ain’t hard enough

Edited by MaxFly

• Members

Thanks for all the love. I'm trying to stay supportive of Will. Why is it that Will does so little (that I know of) for his fans? I mean he doesn't post message on his website for them, give prizes, etc. Plus I don't think that lyrics poster on his website for Lost and Found was considerate of the fans who have to download it. Those graphics although nice could have been left out. I mean what's up with that?

That's my main concern about him. Not trying to spread negativity, just what Will's fans to get some real love. If he wants our support I think it is only fair especially for the faithful to receive some direct love from the man himself not his publicity team.

I'd love to hear about ways in which will has reached out directly to his fans. Let me know something.

Thanks. :wiggle:

• Admin

Will Smith is the biggest movie star in the world.. I would think he would over 50 million fans.. He is extremely busy with his family, music and movie careers. I seriously don't know what you want him to do.

• Members

All I thinking of is maybe a contest where one person could win a chance to meet him. I don' t believe any celebrity is too busy for the people that put them where they are. If they are then they can work their fan contact into things they are already doing like during a movie premiere or talk show visit. I'm not saying Will has to do this all the time but I'd like to know when was the last time he did something specifically fan oriented. Especially with the need for fans to pump Lost and Found, I would hope that he would inspire us through his website letter at least.

Did Will do an episode of the MTV show Fanatic when it was on? I'm just trying to see what has gone on in the past in hopes of something for the future.

Peace. :afro:

Keep in mind, that outside of the big supporters here, alot of his fans are sell outs. About 10 million people bought Big Willie Style, then about 3 million bought Willennium. Then Born To Reign only hit 13 and only shipped out gold. That's ALOT of fans who don't support him. When u have movies, production companies, and a family, it's hard 2 put time in2 that. FP's always been that way tho.' He only reaches out 2 the fans he sees, it's just the way he is. I don't feel disrespected as a supporter. Have u seen him at shows like TRL and stuff, he interacts with the audience alot.

Keep in mind, that outside of the big supporters here, alot of his fans are sell outs. About 10 million people bought Big Willie Style, then about 3 million bought Willennium. Then Born To Reign only hit 13 and only shipped out gold. That's ALOT of fans who don't support him. When u have movies, production companies, and a family, it's hard 2 put time in2 that. FP's always been that way tho.' He only reaches out 2 the fans he sees, it's just the way he is. I don't feel disrespected as a supporter. Have u seen him at shows like TRL and stuff, he interacts with the audience alot.

I agree with AJ. I think he shows love to his fans when he sees them. Listen to "Could You Love Me?" and I think that tells the whole story about Will and his attitude towards his fans.

When you're hot, everybody wants to be your friend and everybody wants to get at you. It's when you hit a few snags that you find out who your "real" fans are. How does someone go from selling 10 mil. to 3 mil. to 500K? It happens when you got "fair-weather" fans.

I think Will knows who his real fans are. I don't think he has to do promo giveaways or stuff. He can show his love for the fans by continuing to make classic albums(yeah, I'm calling Lost & Found a classic) and great movies. Keep pushing and doing your thing, Will.

• Admin

Also I have witnessed Will being nothing but the nicest person to fans signing autographs getting pictures taken.. He gets this his whole life, which if I was in his position i would consider it quite difficult, but he shows everyone nothing but the utmost respect.. I think another way he gives sumthin to fans is by continually releasing quality movies and music for everyone to enjoy...

Also I have witnessed Will being nothing but the nicest person to fans signing autographs getting pictures taken.. He gets this his whole life, which if I was in his position i would consider it quite difficult, but he shows everyone nothing but the utmost respect.. I think another way he gives sumthin to fans is by continually releasing quality movies and music for everyone to enjoy...

I read the topic and needed to get this off my chest.

I think will does the right thing, it doesn't matter for me if I can take

a picture with him, or meet him etc. or expect things from him.

Most people get on a picture with will just to show it to their friends and brag about it,

sure i'd like a picture with will 2, sometime I'll see that happening, but that picture is going to go into my album and movie collection of will, I'll keep that picture till I die,

that's the meaning of a picture for me with will.

The only thing I except as a real fan from will is him giving us his love,

this by making music albums and movies, when he stops doing those things,

especially music, that'll break my heart.

It's a tough situation you know, could U love me if my albums were not so good,

could U love me if I wasn't on top of the world, etc. this goes for will and every other artist, fans are very unfair sometimes,yes Born 2 reign wasn't as good as any album will did, but even so real fans buy it, why ?

Because you love will, and if you love someone, you expect nothing back,

a 1 way love, I bought the album even though it wasnt that good,

but at least I got another will smith article that goes into my collection and heart.

How many fans will go on a picture with will smith when he hits his 70th year,

and how many fans will go on a picture with will right now.

The difference can be huge.

If he makes crap albums, or good ones, bad movies, or great ones,

it don't matter 2 me, I won't be missing anything will will make.

Everyone has basically broken it down clearly.

It's been said, but I'll reiterate... Will has quite a lot on his plate. His family, movies, music, Overbrook, charity work, Mandela's 46664... he's literally the hardest working man in Hollywood.

Also, I don't think he wants to be everywhere, in your face like some of these other stars. You don't see Top Cruise and Denzel everywhere. However, like Oprah said a while back, he's done good things for people and fans that people will never know about.

As a fan, all I want is for Will to continue releasing quality material. That's what's most important.

hey Will's my favorite actor and rapper. i'm realistic tho, i don't care if i ever get 2 meet the man in life. sure, it would be cool, but i'm thankful 4 what he's given me already and i just hope he continues 2 release more quality albums and movies 2 make me laugh and continue 2 have a good time.

i also agree with the people who said he's very busy, because he is. especially right now heading the 46664 foundation, touring, and don't 4get he's got a TV show 2 produce and about 5 or more scripts sittin on his desk as well as TV appearances.

• Members

I don't think holding a contest to meet him would anyway prove that he is fan freindly. He certainly loves his fans and he is doing his thing. So let him continue what he's doing because it has been working for him for the last 19 years.