JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will calls out G-Unit

Hero1

• Admin

this is something i saw on another forum

-----------------

Earlier this week I was watching "Access Hollywood" by chance, and Will Smith was on there to promote "Hitch". They asked him a few questions about his music and that new song he got called "Switch". He started talking about how alot of people are calling him a sellout and such...

He then started talking about how he heard people like The Game and G-Unit talking about he's a sellout, so he posed the questions, "Am I supposed to be cussing on every track? Or do I need gun shot wounds to give me street cred?" He then was saying things like "If I made albums about how many people I killed or how much coke I sold, knowing its a lie, would that make me more street credible?" Then he looks right at the camera, real serious like "or do I have to be as broke as you people calling me out to be as tough as you?"

Dude was even saying that young people forgot that he's a pioneer in the rap game and think that he still can't "shut people up" on a track.

really? thats some pretty good fake comments right there :drive:

well, they said he looked into the camera with a threatening look... I read that somewhere too, and the way they wrote it was really corny. It was funny to me. It was worse than the one u found actually.

:kekeke: I wouldn't have minded too much if Will had said that! :ali:

:werd: FP's been in hip-hop for 20 years now, he has right to call out these kids if he wants to, he doesn't have to kiss their ass when they're punks! :ali:

this isn't "cool" at all. It's straight corny. First, I know it's fake b/c the original one said that Will said this during a Hitch promotion. I watched Access Hollywood during the weeks Will did the promotions for Hitch and he didn't mention his music to the interviewer. That's how I know it's fake. Lastly, the original one said he scowled at the camera with a threat to G-Unit, and mentioned Game as a nemesis when Game has said nothin bad about him. That's why I know it's fake. It's laughable. Those quotes aren't cool or "hard".

Edited by *mimi*

this isn't "cool" at all. It's straight corny. First, I know it's fake b/c the original one said that Will said this during a Hitch promotion. I watched Access Hollywood during the weeks Will did the promotions for Hitch and he didn't mention his music yo the interviewer. That's how I know it's fake. Lastly, the original one said he scowled at the camera with a threat to G-Unit, and mentioned Game as a nemesis when Game has said nothin bad about him. That's why I know it's fake. It's laughable. Those quotes aren't cool or "hard".

You made a valid point. Afterall FP actually likes 50 cent/Game so I don't think he would.

I agree that it's largely commercial rap, and that 50 in particular isn't an overly talented MC (to say the least), but sometimes I can feel the hate for G-Unit spewing all over the place on this board. Really, I can feel it. It's tangible. And mildly frightening lol. You know what? Switch is a hit, Lost & Found is out in less than two weeks... So keep cool, my babies! It's all good (pop the bubbly...) :antlers:

Edited by scyhigh99

that last sentence really got me confused. ANd I don't think a person accepted to MIT would say it like that. I say forget all the rumors. If it were true, I think someone like MTV would eat this up. Kinda like what they have done and will probably still do wit Tim's news/updates.