JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NITTY

Yo, i been waiting 4 this album 2 drop from just one track since October. I waz in a music store and realized that album just dropped last Tuesday. Since we all have different tastes, i can guess who will be feelin' Nitty, but we all love the Fresh Prince, which makes me say that EVERYONE here should check this fella out.

His album is called Player's Paradise and his lyrics are totally clean, yet not squeaky clean kids' stuff (just like FP and LL). The beats are mainstream ready Hip-Hop and his stuff is always tastefull. The production is consistently good the whole way thru' the album and there are no big names behind it. Just talented people who love Hip-Hop.

Nitty's big single is "Nasty Girl" which is an upbeat, fun party joint which borrows from The Archies' "Sugar Sugar." The album has half upbeat, party trax, the other half is a bit more down 2 earth. I'm not gonna review the whole album (at least not now), but i will tell y'all 2 peep the track "Sorry." It's amazing!! It samples Michael Jackson/Jackson 5's "I Wanna Be Where You Are." He raps 2 a past love wishing she waz by his side, but since he waz young and dumb, he messed up. Most of the lyrics are party oriented or directed at ladies and love.

Personally, i've been waiting 4 an album like this for years. Walmart has it for $12.88 and Circuit City has it for $12.99.

I haven't checked his website out since it didn't have much on it, but here it is...maybe there's some snippets on it.

www.NittyOnline.com

I breifly checked his website. U can see his Bio and read news about him. In his bio, they mention DJ Jazzy Jeff + Fresh Prince as a main influence (along with Heavy D and Young MC). Later in it they compare him 2 LL Cool J. In the media section u can hear is 1st single "Nasty Girl." U can also hear his new single "Hey Bitty." Both of these are party flava'd trax so u only get one side of him, but it's a decent 1st taste.

Like i said, about half of the album is party trax. While all the trax are ready 4 the mainstream, his 2 singles are very radio-friendly. Don't let that discourage u. "Hey Bitty" is the weakest track on the album. I guess they are releasing it since Man Of The House uses it in the movie.

I'm just happy 2 see another clean cut brotha with actual skillz releasing music. This is music that real people can relate 2. Not like that G-Unit rubbish. Listening 2 music like this makes me feel that magic that Hip-Hop/Rap records use 2 make me feel back in the day. It's feel good music 4 the Hip-Hop head. Here's a message he has in the CD insert...

---

FINAL THOUGHTS:

In our lives we have many choices that mold and shape the pathways to our destiny.

One event can change our entire future, whether it is positive or negative.

Only we have the power to make these situations come true.

We are responsible for who we are and the things we do.

Society cannot dictate to us who we are, what we represent,

or what we will turn out to be. The ansewr lies in us!!

(And it always will.)

In closing, I didicate this album to those who love themselves enough

to take a chance in this world to be who they set out to be.

To those who aren't afraid to go against the grain and fight for what's right to them

and not settle for what others condition us to believe.

I'm different because i choose to be.

Because that's what i set out to be and that is what i will always be.

My future is mine. I know exactly where i want to go. I hope to see you there.

Peace...

Nitty

---

That being said, u know what this guy is all about. When's the last time u saw an emcee put something uplifting in their CD insert? I'll see if i can find any other snippets on the internet, cuz i don't want people 2 write him off just becuz of those singles (even tho' i love "Nasty Girl.")

Here's 2 sites that claim 2 have MP3 of the album...tho' i haven't tried listening 2 them.

http://www.mp3.com/albums/661996/summary.html

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/arti...47190%2C00.html

Here's a site that has a few sum-up of reviews on the album.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Player%27s%20P...HNsawNtdXNpYw--

Songs that i recommend 2 give a listen are...

ABC - Hip-Hop cyber funk vibe.

LIKE THAT - Slick Hip-Hop mainstream stuff

SORRY - don't ask ?uestions...just check this one out

HEY GIRL - basic Hip-Hop joint

If u don't feel him, it's all good...i just think some people here would feel the carefree style he's bringing.

Even though I like JJFP that doesn't mean that I'm gonna feel every clean-cut rapper 'cause I don't like every gangsta rapper either even though I think 2Pac was one of the greatest mcs ever. Talent/skills are more than just about cursing or not cursing in your songs, you either got it or you don't. I'll be open to give Nitty a listen though and see what he sounds like.

Edited by bigted

Here's 2 sites that claim 2 have MP3 of the album...tho' i haven't tried listening 2 them.

http://www.mp3.com/albums/661996/summary.html

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/arti...47190%2C00.html

Here's a site that has a few sum-up of reviews on the album.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Player%27s%20P...HNsawNtdXNpYw--

Songs that i recommend 2 give a listen are...

ABC - Hip-Hop cyber funk vibe.

LIKE THAT - Slick Hip-Hop mainstream stuff

SORRY - don't ask ?uestions...just check this one out

HEY GIRL - basic Hip-Hop joint

If u don't feel him, it's all good...i just think some people here would feel the carefree style he's bringing.

well I gave him a listen and here's what i though:

ABC - sounds like LL (cuz he used the same beat). i was impressed just by the 30 second clip. i liked his flow a lot better

Like That - sounded kinda Nelly-ish with the girls singin' in the background if you know what i mean. it was just OK

Sorry - sounded like a pop song, but i only heard the chorus in the clip

Hey Girl - the chorus was once again weak, but the rappin' was dope

from this 2nd listen, it sounds like he's got sum good tracks, but a lot of average fillers. i might buy the album sometime when i have xtra cash on me or somethin

Thanx 4 giving it an honest listen. 4 a second, i waz feeling like lambert and his love 4 50 Cent. :hilarious: I hate listening 2 music on the internet, it totally takes away from the music. Since u thought it waz alright, check the CD out in FYE or a place that lets u listen 2 music in the store. I just think a few people here would like this cat. I've been listening 2 it all day and i just like the feel-good vibe he sets off.

Yeah, I do know this guy called Nitty! I don't like him at all - the track isn't good, he doesn't really rap good and it all is just boring! He is awful man... :mad8:

yep .. i have to agree .. i dont see why y'all like him .. this 'nasty girl' track is just annoying :poke:

Thanx 4 giving it an honest listen. 4 a second, i waz feeling like lambert and his love 4 50 Cent. :hilarious: I hate listening 2 music on the internet, it totally takes away from the music. Since u thought it waz alright, check the CD out in FYE or a place that lets u listen 2 music in the store. I just think a few people here would like this cat. I've been listening 2 it all day and i just like the feel-good vibe he sets off.

never heard of FYE and i've never come across a record store that lets u pre-listen 2 albums (except gospel music stores) but i'll check their website and see if theres any near me.

Yeah, I do know this guy called Nitty! I don't like him at all - the track isn't good, he doesn't really rap good and it all is just boring! He is awful man...  :mad8:

yep .. i have to agree .. i dont see why y'all like him .. this 'nasty girl' track is just annoying :poke:

yeah i found sum of his choruses and tracks pretty immature and boring, but the dude can spit a bit 1nce he gets flowin

Ha...i love "Nasty Girl"...it's just a fun track. All of my friends have been feelin' this song since October...maybe it's a Maryland thing. "Nasty Girl" dosen't really display his mic skillz...but i think the song is infectious. Dose anyone here remember the days when Hip-Hop waz fun? Well, this is a modern taste of it.