JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Can u resist?

You know, sometimes the album leaks out on the internet a couple of weeks or days before its out in the shops... do you think you can resist to download it?

Yeah I know, "dont download go out and buy the record", but still... " When we're on stage you know you can't resist"...

Of course I'll download it, tho I'll probably buy it cuz getting quality versions of all the trax from an album is usually hard... we've already ripped "Pump ya Brakes" lol... in any case, I refuse to think of piracy as a crime as long as one song on iTunes is one dollar... I think of it more as a boycott, like dumping tea into Boston Harbor or sumthin :antlers: (winking smiley with antlers on)

Edited by scyhigh99

• Admin

hey if you buy it on itunes theres nothin wrong with that.. lost and found is actually released one day before the US here in australia if i had to wait a couple of weeks i might be tempted.. but i do not want to ruin the experience of buying the album getting home throwin it on and checking the album credits by hearing every song on the album already :ali:

I was kind of saying iTunes was a ripoff and that made me wanna steal mp3's off of WinMX instead lol but I do get stuff off iTunes pretty frequently... basically my policy is: only spend money on music if you want a full album (too much trouble to download it all) or if its an obscure track you can only find on, say, iTunes... but if I just want like one random Ludacris song, I will not be paying for that

:chuks: Bring it on, FBI! B/c until prices go down, I will be stealing music (im an outta control rebel)

Edited by scyhigh99

You know, sometimes the album leaks out on the internet a couple of weeks or days before its out in the shops... do you think you can resist to download it?

Yeah I know, "dont download go out and buy the record", but still... " When we're on stage you know you can't resist"...

I don't understand why u wanna download it! :dunno:

If u buy it after downloading, then it's ok but if u don't I think it's silly! Or why u wanna download it??? :confused3:

If u buy it after downloading, then it's ok but if u don't I think it's silly! Or why u wanna download it??? :confused3:

Well the reason why anyone would download it would be to hear it before it came to the shops... I would download it directly if it came out on the internet now, but if it happens like a week before the release im not gonna download it.

An whether or not im downloading it, im surely gonna buy it.

Well the reason why anyone would download it would be to hear it before it came to the shops... I would download it directly if it came out on the internet now, but if it happens like a week before the release im not gonna download it.

An whether or not im downloading it, im surely gonna buy it.

Uh, ok! If u buy it then there's no problem at all!!! :sonny:

Man, if you download FP's album before it drops in stores illegaly, your just hurting him and hurting your own musical experience when your hear this masterpiece of musical art. Yeah we already heard "Party Starter" and "Pump Ya Brakes" but it was from a radio show in which he was present. I thought we all wanted FP to do well after a lackluster "Born to Reign" album 3 years ago. Come on, you all want FP to top charts, well how can he if you download the music illegaly? Saying you'll buy it after you download isnt fair either because we don't know for sure you will. People say that all the time. I'll admit, I have downloaded other artists albums but I always got the album at some point.

I know for a fact I'm heading out to Wal-mart on the morning of March 29th (turns out i have no school thanks to Easter break) and I'm buying "Lost & Found" with my own money knowing it'll go into FP's pocket as a token of appreciation for the hard work he does and all the music he makes that I just love to listen to. If you download off of Itunes or Napster, than thats fine because it still counts to sales on the charts and stuff but downloading off WinMX, Kazaa or even Soulseek is just terrible...and you should be ashamed to be saying "I'm a fan of DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince". Yeah well show it y'all. We complain about "real fans" well I believe JJFP says it best:

"Be a real fan, go buy the album" - JJFP "Here We Go Again" - 1988

"but dont download, go out and buy the record" - Fresh Prince "Switch" - 2005

Man, if you download FP's album before it drops in stores illegaly, your just hurting him and hurting your own musical experience when your hear this masterpiece of musical art. Yeah we already heard "Party Starter" and "Pump Ya Brakes" but it was from a radio show in which he was present. I thought we all wanted FP to do well after a lackluster "Born to Reign" album 3 years ago. Come on, you all want FP to top charts, well how can he if you download the music illegaly? Saying you'll buy it after you download isnt fair either.

I know for a fact I'm heading out to Wal-mart on the morning of March 29th (turns out i have no school thanks to Easter break) and I'm buying "Lost & Found" with my own money knowing it'll go into FP's pocket as a token of appreciation for the hard work he does and all the music he makes that I just love to listen to. If you download off of Itunes or Napster, than thats fine because it still counts to sales on the charts and stuff but downloading off WinMX, Kazaa or even Soulseek is just terrible...and you should be ashamed to be saying "I'm a fan of DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince". Yeah well show it y'all. We complain about "real fans" well I believe JJFP says it best:

"Be a real fan, go buy the album" - JJFP "Here We Go Again" - 1988

"but dont download, go out and buy the record" - Fresh Prince "Switch" - 2005

Hmm yeah when I read this i started to think... its a bad idea to download it even if you're goin to buy it later, because if people download it, more people will share it on DC and Kazaa and stuff like that to people that for sure wont buy it after downloading it, like all those Eminem fans whose listening to Will but doesnt want to show it to their friends because they want to be sooooo coool. Ok I went a little bit out of topic, but i think you know what I mean.

i'd download it cuz i can't wait 2 hear. i don't really understand how it hurts my experience of hearing the album. i'm still gonna buy the album 4sho, believe me or not. i also don't understand how i'm ripping any1 off if i don't share the files and delete them after i've gotten the album. i don't think there's anything wrong with a sneak peek :thumb:

i'd download it cuz i can't wait 2 hear. i don't really understand how it hurts my experience of hearing the album. i'm still gonna buy the album 4sho, believe me or not. i also don't understand how i'm ripping any1 off if i don't share the files and delete them after i've gotten the album. i don't think there's anything wrong with a sneak peek :thumb:

im with you on this one

There's no way i'll download the album...that's just stupid 2 me. U can't beat hearing a song 4 the 1st time when u buy the CD. So far i've heard "Switch" downloaded and i thought it waz just okay. But then i got the promo single and that made me like the song a WHOLE lot more. Hearing music over the computer or hearing downloads is just awful...it takes everything away from the song is really about. I heard parts of "Party Starter" and "Pump Ya Breaks" in radio quality thru' download...and they don't impress me that much. I know that i'll love them more when i hear the album. Downloads are just disappointments 2 me. I'll listen 2 a few snippets when they are available, but i'm not downloading the album.

While we are on the topic, anyone who dose download the album and dosen't buy the album the 1st week it drops need 2 be banned from the board...PERIOD.

:ditto: I will download it..but I will be the first in line to buy the album!