JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will on smash hits chart

I just heard Will talking on the smash hits chart on uk radio, i attempted to type up what he said while he spoke, it was nothing new but i will type it up anyway.

The DJ was talking about fpoba on uk, and Will said " its weird bcoz its a bigger hit now than when it was on , and tv stations would not stop playin it." The dj said its on dvd now, and Will said "its all of the new media that ppl keep gettin re-exited about it.fpoba was an amazing journey" and the dj played a clip.

They then spoke about Summertime, and how its a song where when u hear "drums please" every1 turns the radio up, Will said "you cant hit it everytime and once and a while you'll get a classic, it just has that vibe," Will then responded about his longitivity in rap and he said " i take it one day at a time, i didnt set out to build the wall of china, i laid one brick at at time."

kinda annoying that they didnt talk about the new album, unless that was on the part i missed. He might be on again later so i will try and catch it.

ooh he was on again. i recorded it this time so i can type it better.

DJ: you've had acting and music success how do u balance it?

Will: you know i address that in the album, and theres really no such thing as a good balance, you know, if u do 2 things, they're both gonna suffer. So its really one of those things where i refer to myself on the album as the prodicle son of hip hop, where i just had to choose one or the other, acting was the one i chose, but now im back in the rap world.

DJ: its fair to say you havnt done badly for yourself, if this career hadnt happened, what do u think you would be doing right now?

Will: i was always great at math, i definatly would have been doing something with the whole internet boom, i was into computer engineering , i would have gone to college to do computer engineering so it would have something to do with technology.

DJ: something clever, but this is better right?

Will: i think this is a bit better, this fits my personalitly more, im sure i would have found some comfort in creativity, the internet boom of ten years ago, this suits me fine.

DJ: and what do u think is left for you to achieve?

Will: for me everything in life is transitional, entertainment for me is just a stepping stone where im gonna go and who im gonna be. i think that the universe has blessed me with gifts that are necissarily need to be used for more than just entertainment so i dont know what the future holds but its definatly beyond entertainment.

DJ: for president i say, its been great talking to you, thanx for coming on.

Will : thank u very much man

sorry about the spelling mistakes and some parts dont seem to make sence but thats what Will says, he stutters a lot so its hard to write it up lol.

Man, Will is all over the place now. Now, I'm kinda laughing about how we were complaining. We're a sorry bunch of fans. :kekeke:

I never said something like ''Hmm maybe the new album won't be so great, I don't know!'' ! I never worried about and should I say why? Because it's Willard Christopher Smith and nobody else than him!!!!!!!! :chuks:

:dancingcool: