JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What's up with 50 Cent Man?

Vipa

I've been hearin' from cats in NY, Fifty did an interview on Power 105. Someone called in, and asked 50 cent where the Game stood with Gunit. From what people are sayin', 50 Replied "across the Street around the corner". He then kept going, saying that on Games next album, he wouldn't help him out on it, and it wouldn't even sell 500,000.

This whole thing gave me more respect for Game. I been listening to his interviews on hot 97. He said he'd just fall back, and let it happen. He'll make his music, and keep his mouth shut. +100 respect points for that. Forget Beefs, Forget Diss Tracks, Just do your thing. That's what it's about. The Music.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This a publicity stunt y'all, 50's trying to hype up his album, I ain't buyin' it though or The Game's album, they're both fake. :ditto:

Well damn, for publicity they're taking this a little too far. one of my "sources", just told me that a news station was reporting breaking news, that gun shots we're fired outside Hot 97 studios. apparently, 50 cent was involved.

Now I don't know if his is true, take it for what it's worth.

They are both jokes. BOTH of them rap like they are sleeping when at the mic. There voice stay on the same note 4 every word they say. Ugly cats with bad, light weight production. They are like cookie-cutter versions of each other and not a bit of talent in site.

Ah AJ, there is a few songs on the games album which is worth listening to. "Father and Son" "Envy Me" "We Aint" etc....all of them good tracks and candy shop aint the same as magic stick haha....50's new albums whack though, hes already dissed fat joe jadakiss and nas, he dissed nas!!!! dude gonna get lyrically bruised for life haha

Yea it´s true. The Game ain´t down with G-Unit anymore, because Game wasn´t down with that diss track 50 made against Jada, Joe and so on.

"I think he has a problem with my position. I think he’d like to be 50 Cent. Like, the head of the situation. To be technical, I make more of his record than he does."

Jada already said he´ll reply

"I got a whole clip loaded up. Half a dollar is nothing. I’ma destroy this dude."

:D

The Game vs 50 Cent?? Well from 50's comment, he must feel he's the guy on top. Ok Vipa, U got more respect for the Game becuz of this? well where did the start of respect come from?

Hype for the next album? How can he? It just came out a couple months ago.

And Joe, 50 ain't gettin lyrically bruised cuz Nas said he's not wastin his time. "I need a better opponent." Along wit that he added how hip hop needs an up lift.

As far as the Game not being down with G-Unit anymore, maybe he'll rhyme different, but I doubt it.

It's hard to respect 30 year olds that run around and act like they're silly 10 year olds, they need to grow up and stop beefing in public like this, they're setting a bad example for the children. :ditto: My song "Sell Out?" I posted in the Numero Uno addresses this issue in hip-hop and society:

"...And how are we gonna have unity

Between all races when there's division in the black community?..."

I found this article over at MTV.com, this is depressing to see:

50 Drops Game From G-Unit; Shots Fired At Radio Station

02.28.2005 10:22 PM EST

Compton MC called disloyal; shooting victim expected to recover.

50 Cent (file)

Photo: Kevin Winter

A man was hospitalized after a shooting outside the offices of New York radio station Hot 97 on Monday night. Although police have not confirmed many details, a source close to the investigation said the incident occurred at around the time 50 Cent was making an appearance at the radio station to announce that the Game had been booted from the G-Unit.

According to the source, Game, who had been a guest on the station earlier in the evening, apparently returned to Hot 97's offices accompanied by an undisclosed number of men and tried to get into the building. At around the same time, 50 Cent's interview was audibly interrupted, some conferring occurred, and the interview ended abruptly. Game and company were not allowed into the building and subsequently began quarreling with a group of individuals who were leaving Hot 97. The altercation led to a man being shot at least once in the left leg. He was rushed to St. Vincent's Hospital.

Police have confirmed the victim was a 24-year-old man from Compton, California — Game's hometown — and that he was struck just outside the building. However, contrary to some reports that have surfaced, the police say the man was probably not a member of 50 Cent's entourage, but they are still investigating. Police say 50 himself was not involved in the dispute.

There were also shots fired outside the office of Violator Management — the company that manages 50 Cent, Busta Rhymes, Tweet and Missy Elliott — on Monday night, but no one was injured, according to police. There are no suspects as of yet in either shooting.

On the radio Monday night, 50 — accompanied by G-Unit members Tony Yayo, Lloyd Banks and Olivia — told Funkmaster Flex that the Game was being excommunicated from the G-Unit because he felt the West Coast MC was disloyal.

50 told Flex he was disappointed with comments Game made on the station Saturday night, when Game revealed he would not be getting involved in the beefs 50 is stirring up with "Piggy Bank" (see "50 Cent's LP Pushed Up, Harsh 'Facts' Sound Like Disses On Leaked 'Piggy Bank'").

According to Flex, Game even said he was going to do a song with Nas. "He's gone," 50 scoffed. "He might as well make the record."

50 also said Game should stop saying "G-Unit." "He thinks he's doing me a favor when he says that."

During his conversation with Flex, 50 claimed Interscope was going to drop the Game until 50 stepped in and got involved with The Documentary. 50 also insisted that he's making more money off The Documentary than Game is, and that he wrote more choruses than he's credited for.

Game was on Hot 97 earlier in the evening, talking to host Angie Martinez. When listeners called in to ask about his and 50's problems, Game simply said he was going to continue to make "good music." Two nights prior, Game had said on-air that he and 50 did not have to be friends as long as they worked toward that same common goal: making good music.

All Eyes On 50 Cent: The Sequel

For weeks there'd been rumors of friction within the G-Unit camp, but they'd always downplayed or outright dismissed the talk, and they even held it together long enough to shoot a joint video for "Hate It or Love It," which debuted Monday on "TRL."

A rep for Interscope had no comment on the implosion.

In February 2001, Lil' Kim was at Hot 97 when a shooting occurred outside, and she was later indicted for perjury and obstruction of justice for allegedly lying to police and failing to cooperate with their investigation (see "Lil' Kim Indicted For Lying About Hot 97 Shootout With Capone"). That case is currently in the jury-selection phase."

There shouldn't be so much attention on this we're approaching the 8th anniversary of Biggie's death, I don't wanna see another rapper get killed, whether I listen to them or not, this s*** is f****d up, like KRS said before, "Stop The Violence"!

Edited by bigted

I have more respect for The Game for keeping his mouth shut and going down to 50's level. Game didnt back 50 when he dissed Nas, Fat Joe and Jadakiss which shows that he has respect for other rappers in the game. I love how Jadakiss said half a dolla is nothing.

"I think he has a problem with my position. I think he’d like to be 50 Cent. Like, the head of the situation. To be technical, I make more of his record than he does." - 50 cent.

I think that right there shows 50 is just over-egotisitcal and jealous that all the hype is on Game now. Dre is smart for going with Game and not really with 50 cent the last couple of months. If 50 splits from Shady/Aftermath then I have a feeling his next album wont sell 500,000. And how come Eminem is quiet about all this? You dont really hear nothing bout him being involved. He'll stay sided with 50 and G-Unit and hopefully Dre will still stay with Game.

Ted you got a point, the black community is supposed to be setting examples for the children yet there aint no unity at all. We dont need another 2pac/Biggie violent fued. But if 50 cent gets killed, I won't care. He's a waste. He shoulda been dead like on the 2nd shot.

But if 50 cent gets killed, I won't care. He's a waste. He shoulda been dead like on the 2nd shot.

Don't U think that's going a bit far? 50 choose the wrong path for his life overall. But who am I to say that? Probably should've just been a boxer. Would've been if it was drug dealing, then boxing; and not boxing, then drug dealing, the rapping.

After all, Leonard is a fitting name for a boxer. :ali: or Curtis Jackson. U take your pick 50. :hilarious:

Edited by mfuqua23

But if 50 cent gets killed, I won't care. He's a waste. He shoulda been dead like on the 2nd shot.

okay, i agreed with your first part, and most of it, then I read this. You don't care if he gets killed?? No matter how much I dislike Eminem, I would never wish death on him. For me, 50 isn't much better but I would never wish death on a man unless they were truly horrible people. And by horrible I mean murderers, rapists, etc. What has 50 done to you to make u not care about his death? What has he done to you besides make music you doesn't like to call him a waste. I think you mean a waste in rap. But i'd don't see him as a waste of a person. I disagree with his actions right now. I don't wanna see another Pac and Biggie feud. This is so similar to what was culminating in 95-96 before Pac died.Pac was doin almost the same thing as 50. Dissin his enemies and anyone affiliated. And back then, I'm pretty sure there were people who said he was better dead than noisy. Well, guess what happened? Pac died soon after. Now, I don't care much for G-Unit's music, but they too are people. And just because you don't like them, it is extremely naive and disrespectful for u to say he can die. It is extremely ignorant. Because they too have families. And even though they're not learning from the past and that history can repeat itself, you are in no postion to say u don't care about them getting killed or that 50 should have been. Just because you dislike their music (which is just an artform) they shouldn't have to die for such a simple thing.

Don't U think that's going a bit far? 50 choose the wrong path for his life overall. But who am I to say that? Probably should've just been a boxer. Would've been if it was drug dealing, then boxing; and not boxing, then drug dealing, the rapping.

After all, Leonard is a fitting name for a boxer. :ali: or Curtis Jackson. U take your pick 50. :hilarious:

It isn't that easy for people in the ghetto to just choose a life path. 50 may have never got his shine as a boxer. He didn't have the chance. And when you're in the ghetto drug dealing is so tempting, that it becomes a necessity more than a choice. I think 50 would have much rather done boxing than drug dealing. Just as many other kids in the projects would prefer sports, music, etc to drug dealing but they are born in that world. They can't do a thing about it.

Because they too have families.

Yes, but the other side of this after looking at 50 on 'The Sequel'. He doesn't care for his son in any way shape or form. As far as 50 dying, nah. Just go for something more fitting. Like Uncle Phil told Will, I'd say this to 50. "Being a rapper didn't exactly bring out your most indeering qualities" (i think indeering was the word or rendeering) Remember Will's response, "But Uncle Phil, I was gettin paid man". probably the exact response 50 would make. 50 is young and can find out what he wants to do. Ok, u got money from doing that; now use it for something positive that brings out your better qualities.

And about not caring, I don't think he meant it in the sense of "not caring". It's be like 'Bill Withers killed in a car accident on I-95 by a drunk driver.' or 'Local Resident shoots at child by mistake'. U can't care about them the same way as someone who was/is close to them. Let's say 50 would die. I wouldn't be happy, but I wouldn't be sad either. I'd just make recognition of it and continue on. Otherwise, maybe I'm someone that knows nothing about him or who he is.

Edited by mfuqua23

It isn't that easy for people in the ghetto to just choose a life path. 50 may have never got his shine as a boxer. He didn't have the chance. And when you're in the ghetto drug dealing is so tempting, that it becomes a necessity more than a choice. I think 50 would have much rather done boxing than drug dealing. Just as many other kids in the projects would prefer sports, music, etc to drug dealing but they are born in that world. They can't do a thing about it.

Yes, that's true to. But some people choose to let that be the reason they fail. it's not that people can't do a thing about, they just choose not to. They look and look and look and don't see a way out. They choose to give up looking. OK, kid from the ghetto; can choose to better himself somehow (whatever that may be) trying to get somewhere and it doesn't work enuff. Why is our standards of life like this? Can't really be answered.

Failure should never be a choice. Just something that happens as a result of something someone did or did not do.