JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will and the Neptunes?

cataboy3

I'd really like 2 see Da 'Prince do something with The Neptunes. I don't like every single track they do, but they are creative fellas with alot of talent. I love stuff they've done for LL Cool J, TLC, Usher, Kelis, Justin Timberlake, Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, Babyface, and the list goes on.

I'd only like it if Will worked closely with them whilst creating the beat. LL worked close wid the neptunes when making some of his beats and I think thats why they come out so good. I think the neptunes beats sometimes tend to sound very similar. I'd like a beat that doesn't sound like their normal stuff.

Where are they now tho?? They haven't really done anything in a while (apart from "Drop It Like It's Hot). I remember there was a time when you couldn't hear a song and it wasn't produced by them!

I'd only like it if Will worked closely with them whilst creating the beat. LL worked close wid the neptunes when making some of his beats and I think thats why they come out so good. I think the neptunes beats sometimes tend to sound very similar. I'd like a beat that doesn't sound like their normal stuff.

Where are they now tho?? They haven't really done anything in a while (apart from "Drop It Like It's Hot). I remember there was a time when you couldn't hear a song and it wasn't produced by them!

Well Da Brakes, they are currently working on upcoming songs for artsits like P. Diddy, Clipse and other people.

They just got done working with Gwen Stefani

I think that The Neptunes have alot of edgie and fresh ideas that will never really go stale. They aren't like Eminem where all their beats some similar. The Neptunes do a have a style, so some of their trax have similar sounds, but they bring new flava all the time. They are also down 2 earth guys. I agree that they should work 2gether with FP. One thing that makes anything artistic work, is chemistry. Chemistry is unexplainable and can't be forced...but friendship is the 1st step. So getting music sent 2 u from someone u don't know won't have the magic that a song would have where the people creating it get 2gether.

oh ****... I hate (!) dis clear mpc 2000 sound ... neptunes and all dis stuff is not what Hip Hop needz... Hip Hop must sound dirty.. not da lyrics, but the breakz.. something what make ur head bangin... n how can somebody in here like snoop dogg? I don't know.. his very old stuff is .. well it is gfunk.. itz ok 4 cruisin around! But 2 weekz ago I read a interview with him in which he was asked about his lyrics n he said, that he thinks it is ok 2 hit a woman if she is against a special sexuel "move" (I don't know da english name of what I want 2 discribe, but dat doesn't matter at dis point)... however... how can somebody go out n buy da album of such an artist n talkin about Hip Hop at da same time? I don't know...

Peace

I think they did all or almost all of Snoop's new album

i think unique is a good thing.....hip hop should be smooth as well......just listen to snoop dogg "lets get blown" if u want smooth (produced by neptunes):sonny:

Edited by cataboy3

I think I'd rather see a track produced by Kanye first before I see one with The Neptunes

I think it's a toss up 4 me personally. I think Kanye is overrated as both a producer an emcee. Don't get me wrong, i like alot of his stuff, but some cats are worshiping this guy. I prefer The Neptunes only cuz i'm more familiar with their stuff...the good and the less than good.