JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Run DMC live.

Anyone remeber the Live Aid gig from July 1985?

Some of you younger uns' probably have no idea what I'm talking about. But it was HUGE.

Anyway, I brought the DVD of that today.......it only took 19 years to come out. :bang: and there is an amzing live performance by Run DMC.

Damn man, they were fantastic live, never realized just how good they were.

If only JJ+FP had done a turn too.

:dj:

Edited by the real big willie

I remember the event but never saw it. I know that there weren't 2 many artists i really liked in it. Wish i could see that Run-DMC footage tho'.

Last nite i waz flippin' thru' channels at my friend's house (she only has like 5...ha ha..u have 2 flip 4ever 2 find one that barely comes in). Thru' all the static i heard Run-DMC...it waz a special on Russell Simmons, so i did see some rare live footage them last nite.

I mentioned in another post that yesterday i got a CD with a live Run-DMC performance...from 1998 tho.' Those guys are legends and that's all there is 2 it.

My friend is the biggest Aerosmith fan and during that 2000/2001 time period they were touring 2gether. If i would have known that i would have went with her when she saw them. Run-DMC's performing skillz never slid. Like JJ+FP, they are constantly on top of their game.

Run-DMC's performing skillz never slid. Like JJ+FP, they are constantly on top of their game.

Of course AJ, but DMC's voice was weaker and at the time Run was a big guy and les fit on stage. Still wouldn't change the performance for the world. The passion and effort was still definately there.