JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Get Lit

I felt like this song needs it's own post so we can discuss it, I know there's mixed feelings. 

Video curtosy of Juan who got the best quality video of it on the net.

So obviously my first time hearing it was an odd one, I was still in shock we were about to hear a brand new song live. At first I wasn't sure, it sounded different from his usual stuff. By the end of the song I was jumping up and down. 

I've since listened to it A LOT. It keeps growing on me and now I love it. I don't mind modern music unlike some some of you guys lol, so I'm bound to like it a bit more. I really hope it gets released, they made a good decision premiering it at this huge event to get the word out.

Then if this comes out, does I mean there's a new album due?

I love this new track. I can't wait to hear the actual recording of the track. I wonder if this is something he did with Calvin Harris awhile back or if Jeff produced it. 

This is an instant hit and it def should get released.

For what it's worth, there's articles online saying it's JJFP's first track in almost 20 years!

yes it doesn't sound like the typical JJFP track so the old school heads might resist to a certain point but it has the usual positive intentions like Tim said so i'm sure some would be drawn in and at the same time the younger heads would dig it too, hopefully this could do what Switch did for Lost & Found and lead to the more serious tracks for the "heads"..

I think I like it. It's hard because I fall into the trap of wanting Will's new material to sound like classic JJFP, however I have to stop and remind myself how much time has passed since those classic albums. This certainly sounds modern, which I'm not against, it is slowly growing on me :) hearing a studio version would be fab.

we all know old school music is the best but as long as it's done in a creative and original way like here new school music could be dope too

Has Will even got a record deal at the moment? Actually I don't think so but who knows. Also I guess the JJFP formation does not have a record deal. So they will need a record label to release new music instantly except they'd release their work independently, which isn't realistic for global artists.

I don't really know how to feel about this song. I was so hyped at the concert that they were going to do a new song. It feels like the Fiesta Remix he did. I guess it will do fine in the clubs and on the charts so just release it and give us some classic JJFP hip hop.

it won't be hard for somebody who sold 30 million albums and is a household name to get a record deal it's just the matter of him having the desire to put out another album, unlike a lot of his old school peers he's in control of his destiny with his music career....

For me Will doesn't need a record deal.. He doesn't need any more success.. he doesn't need any more money.

The formula is very simple.. go to Jeff's house for a couple of weeks.. rock out with the playlist crew.. leave there with a masterpiece.. release it on your own.

Jeff can show him how.. cut out the middle men and connect directly with the fans. Look at how much attention these two shows have created. Can you imagine the buzz if Jeff and Will actually completed another album.

i'm with da brakes, will got nothing to prove after killing it with those 2 shows, he needs to keep just doing it for the love, just drop some stuff on the internet for us heads fresh prince....

EDIT: look at all the material that jeff releases on his own, will should just follow that lead and there'll be enough heads that respect him for it, in 2017 you don't need a record deal anymore....

Edited by bigted