JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DMX Cleans Up Image And Is Working On New Album

bigted

New York rapper DMX is clearing the air on his management team after reportedly receiving backlash over multiple missed shows set up by former employees.

According to him, X's management changed following his release from prison last summer.

"I fired my old management team the day I got out of prison," X said in a statement. "My money and career have been sabotaged for long enough. Makin' music and performing for my fans, that's what I'm doin' now. The Dog is back and I've cut these thieves out of my life." (Statement)

X's manager, Jason Fowler, claims his client has been slated to appear at multiple incorrect concerts.

"We're hearing reports of people making deposits for shows, only to find out that it was a fraud." says Jason, "All bookings must be through his new management team, because DMX is not responsible for any transactions that are not through J-Mike Management & Entertainment." (Statement)

Not only having given up on his ex-management team, X is finally drug-free.

DMX tells TMZ, he has finally kicked the drug addictions that kept him behind bars for years -- and he has his children to thank. X tells us, coke was his greatest demon after his latest prison release in July -- "Everyone was taking advantage of me with my finances, trying to put me in thedirection to fail. I have 10 kids. I have to drive them in the right direction, so I let the cocaine go." The rapper -- real name Earl Simmons -- says God also helped him through ... telling us, "I am on a spiritual road to do right in my life. I am leaving out all negativity and going to stay on the right road to positive." (TMZ)

Over the summer, he promised to make a strong return to the music industry following nearly a year-long stint behind bars.

"I kind of took it back to how I felt on my first album -- the hunger, the energy, the hardness of it," says the 40-year-old rapper (real name: Earl Simmons), who was released from prison on July 19. "I've had a lot of late nights in the studio, getting it in, getting it back to where it's supposed to be," says DMX, whose last album, 2006's "Year of the Dog... Again," has sold 344,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The rapper also notes that the lyrical focus of the album will be "bringing hip-hop back to where it's supposed to be. It's not at a good place right now... [There's] a lot of whack rappers out there. It's too corny." (Billboard)

I love this....and I'm believing he'll keep his word. He sounds ready and focus. With proper backing, DMX can be on top again and tear apart all these commercial clowns who currently have hits. I love the new direction he is taking and the honesty in this interview.

"year of the dog...again" was a great cd in 2006, one of my favorites from that year which showed that he still has that hunger, it's just been the negativity that's overcame him over the last few years but he does seem focused and with god on his side he'll be back on top

On a separate and random note, I picked up a weird DMX album 2day. It came out this year and it's titled "Greatest Hits With a Twist." It has X rhyming his hits over what I would consider karaoke beats. It's just weird. I guess this was a way for him to score money without paying the people who helped make the hits as much money. I can't say I'll listen to this again but I wanted to find a link to share it with you. I came across this deluxe version including 3 other re-recorded song plus a 2nd disc filled with remixes.

http://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Hits-Twist-Deluxe-Explicit/dp/B004OMX44O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319431505&sr=8-1

• 2 weeks later...

DMX has definitely created a long list of mistakes. As a fan, its been embarrassing at times. He gives reason to believe this is just him saying he's cleaned his act up without coming through but I'm gonna believe the best in him and see what happens. A proper, grown-up DMX album is what I need right now. It would be great to see real street Hip-Hop get some shine again.

All DMX gotta do is go back and listen to his albums and realise that he's been given this god given gift and that he shouldn't blow it, by distancing himself from the negative people that've been dragging him down and the direction of his single he's taking the right steps

I liked that article enough that I gotta post it here!

DMX Explains Mopping Up At Waffle House

by Slava Kuperstein
posted November 03, 2011 at 12:48AM EDT | 49 comments
4-DMX_07-28-2010.jpg
Dark Man X gives a humbling explanation for volunteering for clean-up.
DMX recently participated in clean-up duty at a Waffle House restaurant.
But this time, it wasn't a creative punishment concocted by longtime X antagonizer Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Rather, the Yonkers emcee performed the act as a kindness.
TMZ reports that a worker, who was mopping at the time, told DMX that he was a big fan of the rapper.
"I was in a good mood and felt that I would do that for him since it was 4am and [the employee] had been working all night."
The rapper adds, "The minute you get too big to mop a floor or wipe a counter, that’s the exact minute you have life f**ked up."
"I was in a good mood and felt that I would do that for him since it was 4am and [the employee] had been working all night," explained X.
"The minute you get too big to mop a floor or wipe a counter, that’s the exact minute you have life ****ed up."