JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Need More Respect Than Given

mfuqua23

Guest lambertj3
E-40- A true rap legend who made up a lot of the slang you hear from EVERY RAPPER TODAY.listen to the song why they dont f*k with us he mentions how he invented half of todays rap slang but gets no credit for it he is a TRUE pioneer no matter what anybody says.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
[quote=lambertj3,Oct 1 2004, 03:47 AM]E-40- A true rap legend  who made up a lot of the slang  you hear from EVERY RAPPER TODAY.listen to the song why they dont f*k with us he mentions how he invented half of todays rap slang  but gets no credit for it he is  a  TRUE pioneer no matter what anybody says.[/quote]
yeah i agree with you on that lambert, 40 actually came up with crackilackin :kekeke: i was definitely feelin a couple of his tracks back in 96/97

E-40 definitly is overlooked. He's made alot of good songs over the years tho' i don't like all of them. Not 2 much of his slang has gone past his own albums tho'...he has like 9 words for any word...at 1st it waz cool....not it makes u wonder if he just doesn't know how 2 come up with rhymes. :roll:

Spice1 - The most underrated westcoast artist IMO.

Naughty By Nature, as the group. They're so overlooked it's unbeliavable.

Crooked I - Admittedly he's not released a debut album yet after so long but there's enough tracks out there for everyone to blaze. He's raw talent. Nothin' but the best there I can't fault him.

There'll be more but nobody is at mind, I'm at work.

• Admin
i think souls of mischief are extremely underrated/overlooked.. 93 til infinity is one of the best hip hop albums ever!!!... a lot of people rap like souls of mischief..they have either bitten them or bitten some1 else who has bitten them... nobody was spittin flows like souls of mischief back in 93!!!! they had unbelievable skills and they were still teenagers!

all of yall gotta check out 93 til infinity..its flawless! and still sounds dope today.... :werd:

and to all those who think eminem etc has skillz.. souls of mischief would rip em to shreds!!! :ali:

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Sep 30 2004, 10:51 PM]TLC - Man, these girls accomplished so much for Hip-Hop, R-N-B, and females in general. They tackled struggle after struggle and still came out on top. However, after the loss of Left Eye, millions of fans turned their back on them. Their album 3D only sold just over a million copies. That's messed up. Another case of sell-out fans and self-centered record labels.

Q-Tip - After being the main attraction to A Tribe Called Quest, then dropping 2 huge solo singles and one of the better albums of the late 90's...his label wouldn't support his 2nd solo album becuz it waz heavily jazzed up and not 2 much like his 1st.

Craig Mack - one of the better emcees 2 rise 2 fame in the 90's. However, it seemed like the flashy, jiggy, less talented rappers kept their fame while he kinda faded away.

Bell Biv DeVoe - They started a revolution of mixing Hip-Hop with R-N-B (rapping over R-N-B beats, and singing over Hip-Hop beats, and so on). These days it's a common thing, but these guys really put it on the map (and did it the right way). When they came back in 2001, i waz mad 2 see them ignored.[/quote]
Hey AJ it was shocking that "3D" only sold a million copies but to say that they're underrated would be like saying Boyz II Men is underrated they're the highest selling groups of all time, they sold more records than JJFP, they're not underrated! You can't mention BBD without mentioning Guy who actually came out before BBD with that new jack swing hip-hop style in r&b, that's not a diss to BBD 'cause I love them too, but Guy never really got their props record sales wise, they could eat groups like B2K alive now! Craig Mack seemed to be another one of those mcs that helped made P.Diddy rich but then got ****ted on by him, Black Rob, Shyne, and G Dep are also prime examples of this, they would all ghost write rhymes for P.Diddy too, P. Diddy is just an ass kisser who can't do anything for himself. And yes it seems that people have forgotten about Q-Tip and A Tribe Called Quest, G Unit will never have anything on them and Q-Tip could beat 50 Cent in a freestyle battle 'cause he's an incredible lyricist, I would pay to see that battle! :switch:

[quote=bigted,Oct 1 2004, 03:57 PM]Hey AJ it was shocking that "3D" only sold a million copies but to say that they're underrated would be like saying Boyz II Men is underrated they're the highest selling groups of all time, they sold more records than JJFP, they're not underrated! You can't mention BBD without mentioning Guy who actually came out before BBD with that new jack swing hip-hop style in r&b, that's not a diss to BBD 'cause I love them too, but Guy never really got their props record sales wise, they could eat groups like B2K alive now! Craig Mack seemed to be another one of those mcs that helped made P.Diddy rich but then got ****ted on by him, Black Rob, Shyne, and G Dep are also prime examples of this, they would all ghost write rhymes for P.Diddy too, P. Diddy is just an ass kisser who can't do anything for himself. And yes it seems that people have forgotten about Q-Tip and A Tribe Called Quest, G Unit will never have anything on them and Q-Tip could beat 50 Cent in a freestyle battle 'cause he's an incredible lyricist, I would pay to see that battle! :switch:[/quote]
I would still say TLC is underrated. Sure, they had all that success, but since the last album waz ignored, they were definitly done wrong. They deserved so much more respect then they got last time around.

Guy is another good choice. Dope group!! However, even tho' their last album didn't meet expectations, it waz really good. I listen 2 it about once a year. I think Guy and BBD are very different tho'. They both masterminded mixing Hip-Hop and R-N-B in a fly way. Without what they did, alot of other groups wouldn't be around or sounding the way they do.

Craig Mack actually desided 2 leave Bad Boy on his own. He just said they were nothing like what they used 2 be when they 1st started out, so he left. He's one of the only artists who stayed true 2 himself while on Bad Boy.

Q-Tip tho'...i dont' know how i would have felt about that jazz album, but i still really wanted 2 hear it. I understand why Tribe isnt' talked about tho'...since they retired. I'm just happy 2 hear they are coming back 2 show people what real Hip-Hop music is.

Everybody talks bout how some bad artists have been. What about the good ones? What about Outkast? They kinda need more respect than given. Even tho they sell. When they 1st came out, man that was off the hook. And they just kept goin since then. Getting better and better. Then U listen 2 their old stuff and it makes it that much greater. Much like that old-school hip hop.

:werd: Lyrically, Outkast's older stuff is incredible and their more recent stuff doesn't show half their skill on the mic. I'd like 2 see Andre show us more of his skillz on the newer trax cuz right now only Big Boi is really shown as an emcee. Of course a song like "Hey Ya" is dope, but that's not old skool Outkast at all...they gotta have a single like a few years back with "Da Art of Storytellin'" with Slick Rick!

Yeah, i love OutKast's 1st album...since then they have gotten in2 some stuff i just dont' listen 2. It's not bad, it's just not what i want. I got Speakerboxxx/The Love Below and i only listen 2 it once every 2 or 3 months. I made a CD 4 my car with my fav trax off both albums but i rarely even listen 2 that CD.

I understand why Tribe isnt' talked about tho'...since they retired.

That's sad but true in a way AJ, but that should not be an excuse for people to forget about 'em, they had a lot of impact on the game 'cause they brought an original style of rapping to jazz grooves, even if a great artist never makes another album again, they shouldn't be forgotten even after they retire or pass away, their impact should remain strong 'cause look at 2Pac and Run-DMC, they're still considered hip-hop legends even though we don't and won't hear any new material from them 'cause 2Pac's dead and Run-Dmc retired after JMJ passed, as I think about you're right about TLC being underrated 'cause it seems like they're being forgotten after Left Eye passed, just like Big Pun seems forgotten too, and nobody talks about how great DMX has been even though he retired! :sad6: Legends should not be forgotten! Big boi and Dre should get back and do songs together again 'cause "Speakerboxx/Love Below" displays their individual artistic talents but their chemistry together is too phenominal to break apart! :werd:

I respect OutKast's solo album(s). I think it's a very creative idea and look what it's done for their careers!! They'll be doing another album soon...they never wait that long. I still prefer their old stuff tho.'

TLC's situation is depressing 2 me. Think about it...CrAzYSeXyCOol sold over 11 million copies. FanMail did about 8 million copies...not 2 mention the old skool fans who made OoOoOoOhhh...On The TLC Tip go 3 times platnium. I think it's amazing that that many people would sell out on them...especially after all they have been thru.' The quality of music hasn't suffered much either. TLC has been around for over 10 years so their carrer as a group and as solo artists waz established.

Big Pun on the other hand wazn't around that long so no legacy is really guarenteed. He only had made so many hits. Personally, i never thought he waz that great in the 1st place. No disrespect, but i wazn't feeling him.

A Tribe Called Quest definitly isn't 4gotten. They just haven't done anything since 1998 so u can't expect 2 much. U would think their solo projects would have done better tho.' I'm so happy 2 hear they are coming back out tho.' A Tribe Called Quest can definitly put some band-aids over the shots-in-the-arm that fools like Nelly and 50 have put in rap music.