JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Need More Respect Than Given

mfuqua23

Big Pun on the other hand wazn't around that long so no legacy is really guarenteed. He only had made so many hits. Personally, i never thought he waz that great in the 1st place. No disrespect, but i wazn't feeling him.

Hey AJ, Big Pun might not have been in the game that long but he was in the game as long as the Notorious B.I.G. was and people consider the Notorious B.I.G. more of a lyrical legend, but Big Pun held his own too lyrically, you might not like it, but it opened the doors for "Lean Back" to be a #1 hit on the Billboard charts, it ain't one of my favorite Fat Joe songs that he did, but that's the same as "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" and "Men In Black" for FP, they ain't my favorite Will songs either but they were still #1 on the charts, and it's great to see a Puerto Rican rapper on the top of the charts for a change, hip-hop has been out for over 30 years and I still think that more diversity should be in the game and it should advance beyond black and white american rappers, there should be rappers going platinum from all over the world, because people in many continents across the globe love hip-hop, there should be European MC's, Spanish MC's, Dominican MC's, Chinease MC's, so on and so on, I wanna see that day when that happens! :werd: All my puerto rican friends I knew when I was middle school and high school loved how Big Pun would represent for them and that's a beautiful thing!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion of him has nothing 2 do with him being puerto rican or a devirsity in Hip-Hop, i just didn't like him that much. I'm not dissing him at all, i just think there's quite a few people out there alot better than him. There's trax like that unreleased "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" remix, "On Point" with Heavy D, "Feel So Good" with Jennifer Lopez, and a 1998 track he did with Digital Underground that i really like that feature him. One think that killed me tho' is that when he rapped fast and had 2 gasp for breath in between lines he's make this noise that just grossed me out. I couldn't believe they didn't edit it out 4 the final version of some of those songs.

One think that killed me tho' is that when he rapped fast and had 2 gasp for breath in between lines he's make this noise that just grossed me out. I couldn't believe they didn't edit it out 4 the final version of some of those songs.

It's ok if you don't like Big Pun that much, but I feel that was disrespectful of you to say that about him like he was some sort of animal, the guy's dead, show some respect, that comment was foul of you to say! You should've kept that thought to yourself!