JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to star in Hitchcock remake

Radewart

Awful idea...

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-hitchcock-s-suspicion-being-remade-9308

"Hola Chicos, Pinche Taco here with the latest blatherings de nada de los Ninos de Hollywood!

I've heard some crazy things in my time. For example, one of them was when an A List director started a company designed to just remake perfectly good horror films. That became Platinum Dunes. They remake films like Amityville Horror and Chainsaw Massacre and Friday the 13th, and the remakes are not as good as the originals. Sure the producers make money. Pero how do they sleep en la noches? From what I can tell, they messed up the Freddy remake too. These guys even wanted to redo Rosemary's Baby. I mean, chingate, right?

I only bring them up because they are attached to remake THE BIRDS. Now remaking Hitchcock es estupido. Just ask Gus Van Sant You can be LIKE Hitchcock, which is what Brian De Palma does for a living. But don't remake el hermano. There is no point. The movies work as it is.

Well the latest report from El Taco Supremo has Will Smith getting ready to produce and star in a remake of Hitchcock's SUSPICION. Will is planning to play the Cary Grant part. Que un chiste!

If you never saw the original, lady marries a guy she falls head over hills with, but el mujer spends too much time at home and starts to wonder if hubby is a killer. She soon becomes convinced of it. And dig it, the audience gets to wonder if he is or if she is crazy.

Now in the original book, called BEFORE THE FACT, he is a killer. Hitch was forced to make it like he wasn't. Will will probably have it all blamed on poor Xenu!

Anyways, this is supposed to end up at Paramount, the studio that doesn't have that many films even happening anymore, but hey, they have Will's fellow Hubbard chum Cruise in Mission Unwatchable 4 so I am sure they are happy. RKO is the company that owns the rights but I am not sure what they have to do with this. See they went out of business in 1958 but haven't realized it!

Yo soy El Taco y yo digo adios!"

You don't remake Hitchcock, he's one of the masters. If true, this will make uproar about the Karate Kid remake look like nothing.

Edited by Radewart

Am I the only one that hos no issues with remakes? It's not like the original will dissapear, if anything more people will get to know about them

While I don't necessarily think remakes take away from originals, I just don't understand why someone with Will's career success is rumored to be tied to so many remakes, prequels, and sequels.

With his box office draw it seems kinda weird there's less original material going around, and if anybody's getting scripts it's him. that's just my opinion though, and I know a lot of these are just rumors or ideas being thrown around.