JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

We Are The World 25

Da Brakes

Lil Wayne sold 1mil in his first week, which makes him one of the best selling artists today. We Are The World is made for people to buy it, so it makes sense to put artists on there that actualy sell songs.. Cause the main prupose of that song is to gain money. Money, not prayers, so wee need sales and artists who sell ish (Next to that, Lil Wayne does a quite big amount of charity (especaly when it comes to New Orleans) and he made more than one "uplifting" song. I do not like his music, but I took the time to check some of his "other" songs instead of ignoring them).

Edited by Turntable

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lil' Wayne isn't making music to uplift people. He's not promoting anything positive in his own music. So why, all of a sudden, does he wanna jump on a song that's about improving the state of the world? Mash that up with the fact that nobody over the age of 13 takes him seriously, the fact that he has no talent, and the fact that he is using a trendy gimmick on his vocals in a song that should be iconic. There some other artists on there that I'm not a fan of but it doesn't bother me that they are on the song because I don't view them doing this song as a way to be included with other great artists or to look good. I'm not viewing them as totally fake when it comes to the message. THAT is my issue. Not that fact that a wack rapper got included on a great song....tho' it doesn't help matters.

He also called MJ a fag in a freestyle and he has the cheek to be on a song that Michael co-wrote, how 2 faced.

A lot of people on that song called Michael Jackson a fag or a child molestor, believe me. Who cares? The songs is about raising money, strictly about raising money. Not about Michael, not about Lil Wayne, not about what the message is.. It is about rasing money and anything and anyone that is likely to help the song make more money should be welcome. The fact that we even have to discuss that is disrespectfull to all the victims who need that money.

Edited by Turntable

Turntable, when did you become the lil wayne defendant here? u are not gonna start calling birdman daddy or anything like that, huh? lol, did u get the rebirth?

I wouldn't say he is the Lil Wayne defendant but I totally agree that this song is nothing about who is featuring on it. Its about who can make the most money for support for Haiti and the people that are suffering there... We all need to put aside who we like as an artist and see the bigger picture at hand

The songs is about raising money, strictly about raising money. Not about Michael, not about Lil Wayne, not about what the message is.. It is about rasing money and anything and anyone that is likely to help the song make more money should be welcome. The fact that we even have to discuss that is disrespectfull to all the victims who need that money.

If the song is about raising money and including MJ contributes to it, then I think it's very important that he's on it. And I'm sure all of us appreciate the fact that all these artists/people have participated in the song in order to help, or at least that's what I want to believe, but that doesn't mean we have to like the result. That has nothing to do. Of course it's a charity song, but why can't we criticize the parts we like least? It's just opinion.

Edited by Ale

Yeah I'm 100% with what Ale said, remember this is a music forum, we should be able to give our opinion on the performance of the track...

I agree with what you say, but what they did is not criticising the part they like the least.. they are criticising the fact that Lil Wayne got to be on the song, thats a big diffrence. and no i dont like lil wayne visqo, it's like brakes said.

Edited by Turntable

Im with Ale and Bigted, i think its safe to say we all want this song to sell well, we want people to buy it. We all agree on that and there is no argument there. But that doesnt mean we arnt allowed to discuss the actual song. Like Bigted said, its a music forum, its not like there are a lot of other things for us to discuss around here, we are allowed to have an opinion on the song.

Discussing a song is NOT disrespectful to the people of Haiti. Im sure they couldnt care less what we think of the song as long as they get help.

First off, I dont think anyone has disrespected the victims with anything they have said, its just a discussion, maybe one that has been a little too indepth because of the subject at hand, but a discussion all the same. Its more to the point of, as much as it pains us all to see Wayne be considered the best rapper alive, if someone is considered that and are willing to be on a track for charity, then you let them be on it. Using different artists may have made the song a million times better, but if those artists dont have the pull to get people to buy it, its a waste of time. So regardless of anyones opinion, the same reason its a good idea for MJ to be on it is because it'll gain more interest, thats the same reason Weezy is present. As bad as that may be for our own personal tastes, its the truth, there are very few artists out there today that have the public clout that Weezy has.

But yeah, as much as this doesnt need to be discussed, its about the only topic with any real life in it.

Edited by Big Willie

Lol, this is the hottest thing right here, to discuss whether Weezy should or shoudnt be in a song.. Man, this guy is on jail for crying out loud, give it a rest.