JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP.com Greatest Rapper of all time

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about four basic areas? Skills, Flow, Sales, Influence

I'd drop sales and influence.. sales because most good mc's aint selling anyway (and because for example saigon didnt even release his real album yet).. and influence.. its hard to have influence these day's, no mather how good you are. it would be unfair for the new rappers.

Yeah lyrics are the most important thing when it comes to being a great rapper!

I think this needs to be based on things like, lyrics, flow, longevity, diversity and consistency. I think it also needs to be judged for overall ability. For example, someone like FP, I wouldnt consider him to be 'great' in any of those catagories I suggested, but he is 'good' in them all, whereas others excel in certain areas and lack in others. For example, Slick Rick has a great flow and his story telling lyrics are second to none, but his diversity isn't very high. This is gonna be a confusing vote.

Maybe we should get a list of catagories, rate each rapper in all catagories (say out of 10) and see what the average is for each artist. Because surely the best rapper ever is the one who can deliver in all areas at a decent/consistent level?

Just some suggestions

I think we could try to extend this out for everyone but Turntable could be right that nobody might not notice