JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MC HAMMER "HARD TIMES" NEW VIDEO!!

JumpinJack AJ

It's 3 in the morning and VH-1 just aired the new MC Hammer video. It's simply amazing. The song is incredible and the video is classic!! I'm so happy with this. I pray this video gets some spins 4 the sake of music.

The song is straight Hip-Hop with an R-N-B hook. It features Hammer on the opening verse on some positive, inspirational tip. From there, he has his potnas the Stooge Playas, IP, and Pleasure taking the hook and additional verses. I'm not saying this just cuz i'm a long time fan, this song is great. U know how we are always talking about certain artists where we are like "Hip-Hop needs them right now"...well, this is one of those joints. This song more than passes my expectations. And these new guys Hammer has with him are not your usual un-signed guys with no talent hooking up with an established artist, these guys have skillz, they can rock and rhyme and write meaningful material.

The video is shot in black and white and comes across very artistic...alot like ealry 90's videos. It shows alot of hood shots and people outside on the street without protraying it as "tha ghetto" like most ignorant rappers.

I only saw the end of the "Full Blast" video which i've never seen on TV, but "Hard Times" is so much better. I never really pushed 2001's Active Duty album cuz it waz not on the level i'd expect from MC Hammer, but hearing 3 trax off this new album...i totally back this album as something everyone should check out.

U know how rappers like Jadakiss try 2 do songs like "Why" and try 2 be all deep and serious about it, but u can never take them serious. Well, this is one of those legit postive songs.

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Sep 7 2004, 09:25 AM]U know how rappers like Jadakiss try 2 do songs like "Why" and try 2 be all deep and serious about it, but u can never take them serious. Well, this is one of those legit postive songs.[/quote]
:werd: I think Jadakiss did that song just for popularity 'cause it seemed kind of awkward for him to do a song like that, it would've been better if DMX did that song 'cause he always bring emotion when he rhymes, I was surprised that DMX retired last year 'cause I enjoyed his videos and songs since he didn't represent that bling-bling era that others rappers were over these last 5 years, he was speaking from the heart in his songs. First Deion Sanders is coming back, now MC Hammer too? I'm looking forward to seeing the video even though I haven't been that much into him but he could drop some knowledge on the younger cats out now.

I don't know if u can find it online anywhere. Last time i check MC Hammer's website wazn't even really up and running. The song is very good...the best of all three of the new songs i've heard from him.

I agree with what u said about Jadakiss' song "Why" it seemed like he did it just 2 get attention. There's no feeling in that song at all 2 me. I give props 4 the effort but when VH-1's Best Week Ever clowns u like they did, u know something is wrong.

[quote=mfuqua23,Sep 10 2004, 07:44 PM]I saw this video this morning. Looks pretty cool. Those guys that was wit him had some great lyrical deliver.[/quote]
Yeah, usually the hypemans and posses of 2day suck. For example, look at Eminem's D12, Nelly's St. Lunatics, 50 Cent's G-Unit, and Ludacris' Disterbing The Peace. They are just a bunch of incredibly talent-inclined ignorant fools who are piggy-back riding some success off their already successful friend.

MC Hammer has some of those guys on his last album Active Duty but with the production stepped up a notch on this new album, it's a better outlet 2 display their skill. It's good 2 see some fresh talent that actually has some.

[quote=lambertj3,Sep 10 2004, 04:10 PM]jadakiss is a serious emcee[/quote]
Ok rephrase it. He's not a socially conscious mc. I thought he was dope on da LOX and stuff. Made Men or whtever he was wit.

I'd believe Fabolous b4 I'd believe Jadakiss. He's so annoying wit that cough of his. Almost like Jay-Z's "Uh-huh-uh."