JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

7 pounds - Box Office Numbers

Hero1

• Admin

I wouldn't call it a flop but I wouldn't call it a success either.. Sony would be disappointed.. Prod budget of 55 mil but 40 million in marketing and they see less than half of the money made from overseas.. Also will does a deal where he gets 20-30% of profits.. So I doubt they'll make much money on this.. I think will is the biggest movie star in the world but his last few movies are Hutton the brand.. It's gonna make it a lot harder for wills next movie to be a big box office hit

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WWW was a flop although it made above 200 mill. I think Seven Pounds is the second best performance of Will as an actor after POH. Dramas usually perform less than blockbusters! But it made less money than most people thought!

Edited by Jin

Domestic Total as of Jan. 25, 2009: $69,951,824

Distributor: Sony / Columbia Release Date: December 19, 2008

Genre: Drama Running Time: 1 hrs. 58 min.

MPAA Rating: PG-13 Production Budget: $55 million

Domestic: $69,951,824 53.8%

+ Foreign: $60,082,648 46.2%

= Worldwide: $130,034,472

Not bad at all! :wickedwisdom:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=sevenpounds.htm

Well they'll get some money of course. In Spain the movie is working very very good 5.763.773€( $8,093,773)so far. I guess 7P will lose the num 1 at the spanish box-office this weekend because of Tom Cruise new movie.

Edited by Sandy

i think that a lot of people went to this movie, because of the name "Will Smith" and not the movie plot/marketing itself.

and people are getting more dissapointed with every Will Smith movie, he just needs to stick back to his Willism and do some funny stuff again, if he wants to break records in the box-office again.

and lets face it, oscar nominated and awarded movies made more than 130 million. those movies are damn good with brilliant performance at the same time. for me Wills performance was a lil bit above average and the movie itself wasnt that extraordinary either.