JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New LL Cool J Song "5 Boroughs Are Back"

bigted

This is the one of the better songs I've heard from LL lately, check it out, it's fire!:

http://allhiphop.com/stories/multimedia__m...8/19744315.aspx

For some reason I wasn't feeling it. KRS-One was good but to me it seemed like LL was lacking a bit. I liked Meth's verse but that was about it. The beat was average at best and Jim Jones & Lil' Kim nearly destroyed the track. This is one of those "acquired taste" kind of songs.

Jim Jones is weak and he stays true to that in this song. The hook and beat is just all over the place. Lil' Kim did nothing for me.

The worst part is the people I actually wanna hear only say a few lines. Also disappointing to see LL, Meth, and KRS on a track with Jim Jones and Lil' Kim.

So yeah, couldn't disagree with you more, Ted!

God Blessa!

Personally, I liked this song a lot. Can't wait for LL's new album to come out, his last one was disappointing in my mind.

Eh...this beat is pretty good but I mean when am I going to actually hear a track from just LL himself?

LL is becoming a joke to me, all these collabos, dude is just beggin for attention and sales. Is it really nessacary Lil Kim and Jim Jones? He should've kept it KRS and Method Man

I'm not looking forward to this album at all, its a bunch of crap so far really, just more mainstream watered down garbage to gain sales.

Come on, this is fire. And Aj, Lil Kim is like Foxys Twin..Hardcore is like a second version of Il Na Na.

No way. Foxy actually has good production. On top of that, when she spits, she goes for it. Her flow can hang with the fellas (other than when she went thru' that phase where she flowed like Lil' Kim). One of my ex-girlfriends had Hardcore and i wouldn't let her play it in the car. I hated that the album. I only remember thinking the beat on one song was good. I think the original version of "Ladies Night." It took a string of dope female emcees 2 make the remix good. Listen 2 Foxy on "I Shot Ya"...nuff said.

And whoever cuts Lil' Kim and Jim Jones out of the track...just go ahead and cut them out of the game.