JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New K-Smith

Hero1

• Admin

http://www.myspace.com/ksmithmovement

new track - you dig it

"fresh prince on the chain, cause I like how it shine"

this beat is actually pretty good! the material however is pretty offensive.. still reminds me of 50 cent

and then theres "how to do it" about all the money he's got.. I mean this is str8 poison I can't believe Will would let his nephew do such worthless material..wheres the substance?

and then "cumming like im sposed to" THIS IS STRAIGHT TRASH!!

I can't believe Will would let his nephew do such worthless material

It's called letting K have creative freedom. It's his career not Will's.

K isn't making trash music, he's making music that certain people dont like. Opinion. The opinion of poeple who don't like his music, aren't stating facts, the same way people who like his music arent stating facts, because as I have said before, music is only good or bad by opinion.

I'm not liking his latest music either, I think a lot of it is wack (I do like some songs) but thats because it's not acquired to my taste, 1,000s of people will like it. It's all about the era you establish yaself in.

Edited by Big Willie

• Admin

When I say "cumming like i'm sposed to is straight trash" I mean In my opinion I think cumming like i'm sposed to is straight trash.. No need to take offense.. Will may be letting K Smith have "creative freedom" but the dude is using his studio..he's on Will's label.. I would have thought Will would have had more influence over him and his music.. remember when Will's grandmother wrote some notes on Will's rhymebook..well Will needs to do the same for K-Smith

When I say "cumming like i'm sposed to is straight trash" I mean In my opinion I think cumming like i'm sposed to is straight trash.. No need to take offense.. Will may be letting K Smith have "creative freedom" but the dude is using his studio..he's on Will's label.. I would have thought Will would have had more influence over him and his music.. remember when Will's grandmother wrote some notes on Will's rhymebook..well Will needs to do the same for K-Smith

Nobody took offense dude, it was just a reply.

But, do we not say that A&R's are stopping artist having creative freedom on albums? Especially in Will's case with the movie songs being on albums, and them having for the most part, the final decision of what gets cut and what gets used. Single releases etc. I think Will just wants K to make his own music, and most probably learn from his own mistakes.

The note from Wills grandmother was in reply to curse words, K stated in an interview that there wasn't gonna be a PA sticker on his album. If Will was to get involved with K's work and have an influence on his releases, wouldn't that be Will doing to K, what most of us disagree with A&R's doing to Will?

• Admin

I'm talking about guidance.. KSmith actually curses in one of those new tracks.. Will would often rally about the poison out there in todays rap.. now if Will's a 20 year rap veteran.. if he brings K-Smith on tour with him and brings him on stage to perform summertime.. if he gives KSmith his fresh prince chain than I'd expect Will would have had some influence

Again, it's about the creative freedom, I'm sure Will has given K advice, but none that would radically change K's approach to music. You have to let people make the music they want to make in my opinion. It's not Will's job to make K's music, which is what effectively would happen if he started to influence the way he makes music. K might realise what he is making is wack, or he may continue to make the music he is making, but, he deserves to make that decision by himself.

I'll say it again... If Will was to get involved with K's work and have an influence on his releases, wouldn't that be Will doing to K, what most of us disagree with A&R's doing to Will?

Also, as a side note, it's obvious K wants to be successful, and quite frankly, making music like Will, probably wont make you successful nowadays. The hip hop audience has evolved, K is establishing in this generation of music, if he makes music artists in the 80's would make, success would be a long shot.

K-Smith needs to step it up if he wants to be taken seriously

The whole thing is dissapointing, i'd hoped we would have another decent artists to listen to like we got Kel Spencer, but u have to admit this is rubbish. Will had his hands tied by the record company too and he didnt make trash like this.

And copying what everyone else does isnt necessarily creative freedom, its doing what will make u sucessful not making what u love.

The beat on "comin like im sposed to" is good but i know it from somewhere, is it usher or something.

• Admin

I'm not disappointed in Will, I'm disappointed in K-Smith.. I guess because I had high expectations because he was Will's nephew.. maybe that's unfair.. Anyway his music is nothing I'd ever want to listen to so I guess I'll move on.. Will is getting older he said he may never rap again I was always lookin at maybe Will's kids to take up the mantle for positive rap but I guess it ain't happening

The whole thing is dissapointing, i'd hoped we would have another decent artists to listen to like we got Kel Spencer, but u have to admit this is rubbish. Will had his hands tied by the record company too and he didnt make trash like this.

And copying what everyone else does isnt necessarily creative freedom, its doing what will make u sucessful not making what u love.

The beat on "comin like im sposed to" is good but i know it from somewhere, is it usher or something.

It's all opinion Julie, many people think WS did make trash music, you think K Smith makes trash music. No-one is right.

I would also consider that creative freedom, because it's still K making the decision on the music he puts out. Whether he does it for love or money.