JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tom Cruise, Scientology & Will Smith

Typhoon20

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2008/01/...cientology.html

Will Smith has joined the ranks of Hollywood power players actively recruiting for the Church of Scientology.

Big stars traditionally distribute "wrap presents" to crew members after completing a film. His recent gift after wrapping next summer's comedy "Hancock" was a card good for a personality test at your local Scientology center.

Fun!

Never mind that such tests are given free by the church anyway. The quiz is designed to convert people to the religion by identifying personality flaws that - surprise! - Scientology can fix right up for you.

For a fee, of course.

Smith, who is best buddies with Scientology booster Tom Cruise, has never confirmed that he joined the church. But he told "Access Hollywood" last month: "I was introduced to it by Tom, and I'm a student of world religion. I was raised in a Baptist household. I went to a Catholic school, but the ideas of the Bible are 98% the same ideas of Scientology, 98% the same ideas of Hinduism and Buddhism."

Presumably the other 2% is the part about the evil space emperor who put the hydrogen bombs in the volcano.

Smith's rep was traveling with the actor on Tuesday and unavailable for comment.

It's being discussed at:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=603654

I'm getting so sick about hearing Will's name with Scientology.

I don't even know what to believe anymore. I just don't see Will joining Scientology but that's a pretty credible source claiming he gave away a card for a personality test at a local scientology center :shakehead: . His relationship with Tom has brought him more harm then it did good. What if all this is true and he truly ends up being a Scientologist ? I've followed him for over 20 years and I just can't believe he's that type, but lately he's talking too much about it. This is talked about on so many places, when people hear the word Scientology they go ''oooh I heard Will Smith is a Scientologist too now, thanks to Tom''. I know it's (hopefully) wrong but it maddens me that people think that way.

When will this end ? I hope Will comes out and speaks once and for all clearly about all of this denying everything and saying he will never be a scientologist. That would be a huge relief.

after that whole Hitler debacle, I'm even less inclined to believe anything I read about Will (or many other celebs) in some random gossip article. No matter how "credible" the source is, the reporter may not be.....Hancock wrapped how long ago, and this is coming out now? as far as I'm concerned this article (true or not) is extremely irrelevent, it was printed for controversial purposes, it's not about Will possibly being a Scientologist, it's more about people wishing/hoping he is, something that'll tarnish his "likeable" image.

yes and no. u can totally believe what u want, and i would never try to change anyones mind in what they believe.

BUT, Will has been brought up Christian and to put no God before his and he would kinda be doing a big no no in his religion that he has believed in for 39 years. And im sure his family wouldnt be happy about it either.

While people respect others I don't care their religions but I'm so tired of gossip news with all the celebrities. Now you don't know if something is true or not. Look at Britney Spears for example, they said she took a horses's drug or something and later police & hospital denied. It seems you can tell horrible lies about whoever, there'll be allways someone who is going to believe it!!! But we are smarter than that lol