JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Final I Am Legend Box Office Report + DVD Sales

TopDawg14

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah a lot of people I know have already seen it on pirate! Not good but I don't think it should hurt its chances too much!

I don't think there's a decent pirated copy out there for it. The quality of the pirated copies are so poor that it shouldn't hurt it much at all.

Yeah a lot of people I know have already seen it on pirate! Not good but I don't think it should hurt its chances too much!

to be honest i just have watch it that way (but chill ppl ((: i am gonna watch it again in theatres just the premiere here is january 11 and it's toooo far for me and what i have expected ) , the minimum i can give for the movie - it's nice ! ... definitely like the message that brings to the table - equals to beautiful !

I am legend is number 1 in Spain

Soy Leyenda' consigue 3,2 millones de Euros en su fin de semana de estreno en España.

La segunda posición es para la nueva propuesta de Nicolas Cage, 'La búsqueda 2: El diario secreto', que se lleva aproximadamente 1,5 millones de Euros. Una cifra bastante alejada del primer puesto.

Soy Leyenda : 3,2 millions € in its weekend premiere.

'La Busqueda' (nicolas Cage): 1'5 million € far away from I am leyend.

Oh. And I just realized that I have a picture of Will's house in the movie from my trip to NY this february lol

Edited by Sandy

According to estimates on BoxOfficeMojo.com, I Am Legend hung on to the #2 ranking on the extended Christmas holiday weekend. Estimates have I.A.L. pulling in a hefty $13.2 million on Monday & Tuesday(National Treasure: Book of Secrets was #1 with $19.8 million). Based on these estimates, I Am Legend has now grossed over $150 million in just 11 days.

It now seems certain that I.A.L. will surpass the $200 million mark. Look for the international numbers to come in on Wednesday.

Domestic: $150.7 million

Overseas: $19.8 million

Worldwide: $169.5 million

The official numbers are in from the 5-day weekend and as expected National Treasure: Book of Secrets finished #1 with $65.4 million over the Christmas holiday weekend. In second was Will Smith's apocolyptic thriller, I Am Legend with $47.7 million($33.6 million over the 3-day weekend). I.A.L. has now crossed $150 million in just 11 days.

Overseas, I Am Legend premiered in several European markets and it had an excellent week. Along with the Asian markets, I.A.L. grossed $41.3 million over the week. The movie finished #1 in Spain, Belgium & The Netherlands. More numbers are expected by week's end.

Domestic: $150.9 million

Overseas: $61.3 million

Worldwide: $212.2 million

The extended holiday season has been very kind to the top 3 movies of this past weekend. Although I Am Legend has slipped to #3 at the box-office behind National Treasure and Alvin & The Chipmunks, the movie still pulled in $8.7 million on Wednesday and $7.4 on Thursday. The post-apocolyptic thriller has now grossed over $160 million in the U.S. box office. It now seems that the movie could finish in the $225-250 million range. If it crosses $200 million, it will be Smith's third movie to cross $200 million joining Independence Day($306 million) and Men In Black($250 million).

Domestic: $167.0 million

Worldwide: $228.3 million

With Friday's estimates in from BoxOfficeMojo.com, I Am Legend is still #3 pulling in $9.1 million. That brings the U.S. box-office total to $176.2 million. If it continues at this pace, I Am Legend will pass $200 million on New Year's Eve.

It will mark the the time a Will Smith movie has surpassed $200 million. $250 million is now in the picture as a final tally for Smith's post-apocolyptic thriller.

The weekend estimates are in from BoxOfficeMojo.com and I Am Legend finished #3 at the box office with a hefty $27.5 million total. Despite falling behind National Treasure and Alvin & The Chipmunks, I.A.L. continues to hold steady legs. It will pass $200 million by New Year's Day and could finish near $250 million before it's all over. If it continues to have strong legs, $300 million could be the final tally.

What I Am Legend shows is that Will Smith is indeed the #1 movie star in the world. This movie was all Will Smith - literally. He has basically conquered every genre of film there is whether it be action(Bad Boys), Sci-Fi(ID4, Men In Black), Romantic Comedy(Hitch) or drama(Ali).

Domestic: $194.5 million

Worldwide: $255.8 million

The weekend estimates are in from BoxOfficeMojo.com and I Am Legend finished #3 at the box office with a hefty $27.5 million total. Despite falling behind National Treasure and Alvin & The Chipmunks, I.A.L. continues to hold steady legs. It will pass $200 million by New Year's Day and could finish near $250 million before it's all over. If it continues to have strong legs, $300 million could be the final tally.

What I Am Legend shows is that Will Smith is indeed the #1 movie star in the world. This movie was all Will Smith - literally. He has basically conquered every genre of film there is whether it be action(Bad Boys), Sci-Fi(ID4, Men In Black), Romantic Comedy(Hitch) or drama(Ali).

Domestic: $194.5 million

Worldwide: $255.8 million

So much for Typhoon's predictions... :stickpoke:

Sorry Ty, lol. :stickpoke:

I don't think there's a decent pirated copy out there for it. The quality of the pirated copies are so poor that it shouldn't hurt it much at all.

There's a decent pirated copy out. It's the DVD Screener... It's not perfect, but it supposed to be good.

Not to hijack Topdawg's topic, but are you stalking me ?

If you are, could you remind me what my prediction was ? I forgot and I was supposed to be the one who wrote it lol.

And FYI, my predictions are almost always wrong. Hah, in yo face.

Not to hijack Topdawg's topic, but are you stalking me ?

If you are, could you remind me what my prediction was ? I forgot and I was supposed to be the one who wrote it lol.

And FYI, my predictions are almost always wrong. Hah, in yo face.

Lol... I think you said 160 in the US.