JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Common & Q Tip Join Forces, & Form "The Standard"

bart5

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=13364

In an exclusive interview with XXLMag.com, A Tribe Called Quest frontman, Q-Tip, reveals he’s forming a new group with Common entitled The Standard. “Me and Common [are] getting ready to form a group,” ‘Tip tells XXLMag.com. “We’ll probably run it through the Uni [universal Records] joint because we’re both on Universal.” According to The Abstract, it was Common who suggested the two from a group. “It was more of his suggestion,” he says. “He was like, “We just need to do a record.” So I’m really excited about that.” While the two haven’t started recording together yet, The Standard will start churning out material once the two starting touring together in a few weeks. As far as the production on the album, though, fans can expect Q-Tip to handle the majority. “I’m probably gonna do a lot of it,” ‘Tip says. “And we’ll get Kanye [West] on a couple things, but you know, that cat is busy.”

Yeah, now thats what I'm talkin about. I think they will make some pure, dope hip hop. I'm very glad that Common and Tip are going to form a group together. Wow, those dudes are some of my all time fav. emcees. I think that they can be very successful together if they work at it, and make a record that will be 100% better then all the no talent crap thats out there.

I also like the name of their new group, "The Standard". Hopefully they will be able to sell records.

Now that sounds like something quite promising for Hip Hop. Common is doing it up, and this just may be what Q-Tip needs to get something out and pumping. People had been waiting for his one album forever. Before they even officially come out, some DJ out there needs to blend & mix Common and Q-Tip (include Tribe Called Quest) material. That itself would be dope just to get everyone anticipating it.

People talk about the slump in Rap sales...that's cuz stuff like THIS isn't coming out anymore. And that goes for all of music. Good music is just so hard 2 find these days. It rarely gets on the radar.

People talk about the slump in Rap sales...that's cuz stuff like THIS isn't coming out anymore. And that goes for all of music. Good music is just so hard 2 find these days. It rarely gets on the radar.

Word. You really gotta dig in order to find something worth buying. I mainly find good hip hop from the 80s and 90s, but when it comes to present day hip hop, its really a search.

Edited by bart5

This sounds promising, it could be the thing that'll bring more life to hip-hop