JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

16 years ago today..

i cant believe how fast time flies. Its amazing how a song such as "Summertime" can still sound like it came out today. Homebase itself is a hip-hop masterpiece but all the other songs besides "Summertime" you can tell its from the early 90s era with the fast tempo, dance flavor. I love it though.

Ah, the summer of '91. The Bulls' first ever NBA title; hip-hop was still pure for the most part and and I was 16 when Homebase was released. I remember when I first heard I'm All That I thought it couldn't get any better. Homebase was that heat for me in the summer of '91!

I waz going in2 6th grade. I waz staying at my cousins and we were staying up late watching Hip-Hop music videos shows on basic TV, sneaking out of the house, and playing video games. Life waz good...ha ha. We already loved JJ+FP but when we 1st saw "Summertime" on that Hip-Hop music video show, we were mind-blowin.' From that moment on, JJ+FP waz my favorite Hip-Hop group of all time. That song is still my favorite song and they are still my favorite group. Homebase is the 1st JJ+FP album i got that waz "new."

I've been saying for years that Jive needs 2 remaster and re-release all the JJ+FP albums with bonus remixes and b-sides along with more pictures...including a double disc of "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" with the full versions of the songs.

16 years ago...I was six years old at that time.

AJ's idea is great. But I think Jive will never do it. Maybe they'll release the 6th or 7th best of collection, but never a remastered version of the albums.

But I would definately buy the albums again, if they would be remastered.