JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

And In This Corner

I've noticed that a lot of reviewers and also people on this board put And In This Corner the bottom of all the JJFP albums! For me it is probably my favourite out of all of them! I love the story telling, the funny concepts for songs, the delivery everything!

What puts it bottom of your list?? :stickpoke:

:iagree: :iagree:

It is definately the funniest and best storytelling album. And in my opinion its way better than Rock The House and Homebase.

Here's my ranking:

1. Code Red

2. He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper/And In This Corner

3. Homebase

4. Rock The House

How can't you love tracks like Jazzy's Groove, Numero Uno, The Men Of Your Dreams, The Girlie Had A Mustache or Then She Bit Me? Its definately one of my favs! FPs flow is incredible on all those tracks and Jazzy's on the top of his game with all those ill routines.

I realy like And in this corner. Here is my list:

1) Code Red

2) And in this corner

3) He's the DJ, I'm the rapper

4) rock the house

5) homebase

I put Homebase at the bottom, mainly because the songs are okay, but summertime and I'm all that are my favorite tracks. the others are okay, but not that great. The other albums have more songs that I enjoy.

its not a bad album, it just cant be compared to albums like code red, im not sure whats missing but it doesnt have the same effect. Maybe there are too many story telling songs. i like the stories, they are funny, but 1 or 2 each album is enough. and as for "then she bit me" i just dont get why its funny. Maybe my sence of humour is different. Lots of people say how great that song is and ive listened to it over and over and i just dont see the funny side to it.

Apart from that song, and in this corner is the funniest album, just not the best musically.

every album is special in its own way, makes it hard for me to rank them but this would be my list then

1. homebase

2. code red

3. and in this corner / he's the dj i'm the rapper / rock the house

:kool:

and in this corner is defo a dope album, the storytelling is great and it still makes me laugh everytime i listen to it!

i cant put any album at the bottom, i just love em all! :gettinjiggywitit:

Edited by thommey

I never used to love it that much, but it grew on me and now is probably 3rd on my list of the 5. I do love each album very differently so i find it hard to rank.

Jazzy's Groove and Men Of Your Dreams are among my top 20 JJFP songs ever.

It may not be my favorite album... but still like it alot tracks like jazzy's groove, The Reverend, The Girly had a mustache, Jeff Was on the Beat Box and Numuro Uno Will just rips it on that one:) those are my favs off the album!!

Edited by ant1

• Admin

I'd say its ranked lower because its sort of repeating what was done on he's the dj..and the beats aren't as strong as homebase/code red/ and he's the dj.. I really like the album though..it does grow on you..

And In This Corner... is my least favorite album and always has been. That's not saying that it's bad at all or that anything is wrong with it...i just feel that it's the weakest.

The comedy and storytelling aspect of JJ+FP is the strongest on this album. And lyrically, FP is pushing the border on this almost more than any other. The production is probably where i like it less. The beats are good....but different. The musical struggle of Jazzy wanting 2 add live instruments and FP wanting 2 keep it simple is why i feel that as an album, it's less consistant compared 2 the others. JJ+FP had been going non-stop 2. I think they were kinda exhausting themselves. This is also an akward time for the duo. FP waz about 2 get in financial trouble and start working on FPofBA. JJ waz putting ATOJ 2gether. Their sound waz about 2 change with the times. Just alot going on at the time. Those things could have contributed 2 the lack of focus compared 2 the 1st 2 albums.

I agree with AJ, except 1 thing. It's not my least favourite album of the group. I think it's better than Rock the House. But it's funny. When I first heared the cd, I didn't like it at all. But the more I heared it, the more I liked it. My favourite is "Jeff Waz on the Beat Box". Awesome beat :wickedwisdom:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with AJ, except 1 thing. It's not my least favourite album of the group. I think it's better than Rock the House. But it's funny. When I first heared the cd, I didn't like it at all. But the more I heared it, the more I liked it. My favourite is "Jeff Waz on the Beat Box". Awesome beat :wickedwisdom:

I just got it not to long ago and I feel the same way ....maybe I'll learn to like it