JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Record Labels Now Agree Hip Hop Is Dead

JamesUK

Hip-Hop aint dead...just gotta clear some differences, hip-pop & hip-hop

Don't sugar coat it with the term "Hip-Pop"...it's commerical rap. Watered down, unfocused, uninspiring, uncreative, non-rhyme-writing-skilled, phoney, concept-lacking, negative, unoriginal, commercial trash. It has zero ties with Hip-Hop culture or anything real heads wanna have anything 2 do with.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lambertj3

Don't sugar coat it with the term "Hip-Pop"...it's commerical rap. Watered down, unfocused, uninspiring, uncreative, non-rhyme-writing-skilled, phoney, concept-lacking, negative, unoriginal, commercial trash. It has zero ties with Hip-Hop culture or anything real heads wanna have anything 2 do with.

hip hop isn't dead its a matter of one's opinion like aj which i disagree on this not to start an argument but the mims song is hot though probably cause of the beat but never the less its hot and radio in MY OPINION dosen't play crap at least not the radio stations i listen to

"this is why i'm hot, this is why i'm hot

this is why, this is why, this is why i'm hot

i'm hot cuz i'm fly, u ain't cuz u not

this is why, this is why, this is why i'm hot"

Move over Rakim.

"this is why i'm hot, this is why i'm hot

this is why, this is why, this is why i'm hot

i'm hot cuz i'm fly, u ain't cuz u not

this is why, this is why, this is why i'm hot"

Move over Rakim.

:3-laugh3:

:sipread:

Guest lambertj3

hip hop isn't dead its a matter of one's opinion like aj which i disagree on this not to start an argument but the mims song is hot though probably cause of the beat but never the less its hot and radio in MY OPINION dosen't play crap at least not the radio stations i listen to

lmao, argument over!

what argument? and what does the chorus has do with the song being good or bad people look at lyrics as well as chorus :shakehead:

what argument? and what does the chorus has do with the song being good or bad people look at lyrics as well as chorus :shakehead:

What kind of ?uestion is that?!? :willvspaparazzi:

:nhawong:

Lambert, I gotta question for u. OK, guys like Mims, or Jeezy, Rick Ross, or whoever u listen to (that people on here would seem to agree aren't any good), what are their albums like as a whole? Lyrics, message, vibes they present, even their insert credits and pics? I'm not saying you're going to convert people to start listening to the likes, but I wanna see what points you can make off of their albums instead of singles.

When I first saw the Chamillionaire vid, I didn't think much of him at all. Everybody was playing it (in cars, on phones, etc.) And then some random day, I check out his "The Sound of Revenge". Nobody influenced me. I just got curious. I'm proud to say I'm a Chamillionaire fan because I like what he does. There seemed to be a lil hint of everything in that one single. But he presented it in a way that everybody could vibe, and eventually did. (I apologize if I'm trying to sound like an expert. I'm just giving my take) The same thing happened to me with The Game, but I don't like what he has to offer anymore. I feel like he's a punk. NeYo was that way for me on the R&B side, but I'm a fan of his like Chamillionaire. So just because it's new doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, but you can't fault people for their opinions. And I'd like to throw this out there. I'm wouldn't be surprised if record labels aren't in fact trying to make a quick buck, but to eliminate "Hip Hop" (and by that I mean the urban music period - hip hop, rap, crunk, snap, etc. even tho you wouldn't categorize it like that) altogether. But then again, I'm sure if that was the case, they'd do it a lot faster.