JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

new jazzy jeff interview!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I notice that the interview a lot longer than that, what's he saying in the rest of the interview?

Well this is all promising news, and who knows Will might make the time. He has that power.

Talking of beats. I might get slaughtered for this but don't you think Tell Me Why has a dated sound to it? I love the track but the beats and sounds are alittle late 90s.

he talks about how he hooked up with mad skillz and the kind of music played in clubs and the music he's making. i guess that somebody else should translate it into english, cause mine wouldn't sound good.

Edited by DefCEM

Well Kev to me that "Tell Me Why" beat is one of the best that Will's had recently which tells you how bad's it's been with Will's production and if people wanna say that beat or any beat's wack on Will's last 2 albums you can't really argue against them 'cause it's true, even "Here He Comes" which sounds like one of Jeff's worst beats is better than most of the beats Will's had in the last 6 years, the production has been killing Will's career, all the beats are wack compared to what Jeff could do, they might be ok for other producers' standards but not Jeff, he's a perfectionist, he wouldn't give anybody beats wack like that 'cause he puts time into what he does...

Edited by bigted

hmm i think your all going a little too far saying Will should quit rap altogether if hes not working with Jeff. I agree Jeffs beats r better, but i dont think the beats on lost and found are bad. Come on, anything is better than nothing.

Your saying these producers are giving Will a bad rep, when has he ever been completly respected, in fact after lost and found hes had the most respect i remmember him having. and since when have we even given a damn what other people think. At the end of the day im happy with an album from Will and the way his movie career is going, we r lucky to get it.

Well "Willenium" had quite a bit of credability in hip-hop circles and it sold 3 million albums, that's probably the biggest that Will's had credability in hip-hop since the JJFP days, sure "Big Willie Style" sold more but I think it was more 'cause of the catchy beats there, I don't the fans felt the lyrics on there as much as they did "Willenium", it was more of a complete album, "Lost and Found" had some credability but there was quite a bit of people turned off with the production and it only sold 1 million where it could've sold more than that if if had better beats, more people buy albums for beats than they do lyrics these days more than ever, that's why Kanye sells too, he doesn't have 1/3 of the lyrical talent that Will has but he makes dope beats, Will can't be more popular than rappers like 50 and Kanye with weak beats and what I am saying is that I want to see Will have as much success in rap as he does with acting, I don't like it how his acting career overshadowed his rapping career, he deserves another Grammy as well as an Oscar...

Edited by bigted

Jazzy immature? :1-eek: I don't think Jazzy's out of line for anything he said in there, he's just lookin' out for Will and wants to see him do the best, he knows how the record buisiness works, having great production is probably the most important thing to sell albums, now there are some people that don't mind what the beats sound like and just care about great lyrics but most people who buy albums are concerned with the music more than the lyrics, he has the right to say what he said there 'cause his beats are better than anything on Will's recent albums, now if he was making wack beats himself then I could see how he wouldn't have the right to say that, lol, now as a fan I wanna see Will get the full recognition he deserves and he won't get people to fully pay attention to him with the kind of beats on his last couple albums, there's should be no question to why he can't get the best production, what I mean about wack producers ruining Will's legacy is that they keep Will from getting higher record sales than what he could've had, with better production more people would've bought "Born To Reign" and "Lost and Found", I think that Will's respected more than most of the rappers that outsell him now but he's not as successful and there's no excuse for that, bottomline I think the main reason why black radio don't play Will's solo stuff 'cause the beats are weak, they played all JJFP singles on black radio, if Will wants to get on black radio again he should holla at Jazzy....

I'm tired of the wack rappers getting better beats than Will, let's be real without dope production would Bow Wow and 50 sell anything? The reason why there's so many sucker mcs on top 'cause producers waste their dope beats on them, that's their fault too, we need more real producers like Jazzy that only work with the most talented mcs, I wish Dr. Dre was like Jazzy and worked with better mcs than he does...

Edited by bigted