"Pursuit of Happyness"

bigwillfan

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is probably the only movie by Will ive ever looked forward to... and yet I know for sure that it will suck. I think it will be more interesting than good.

Why do you think it will be bad Lerkot?

Because all predictable movies are bad. I know the end.

Yes, they do. And thats not the only reason its predictable. I dont know the real story - but its easy to see its butter.

Well there's a lot more to a story than the end. Many biopics, especially those like "Pursuit of Happyness," find their real worth in depicting the journeys and experiences of the characters and how these characters develop and change. If you're watching Pursuit of Happyness simply to see how it ends, you will miss out on the most important parts.

And this brings up another problem... You must have a hard time watching a movie or reading a book more than once given the fact that you know how they will end.

Yes, they do. And thats not the only reason its predictable. I dont know the real story - but its easy to see its butter.

And this brings up another problem... You must have a hard time watching a movie or reading a book more than once given the fact that you know how they will end.

Yes. At least when it comes to new movies. In older movies there are other stuff to look at.

Sure, there might be more than the ending in the movie, but it all seems very predictable, not just the ending...

Yes. At least when it comes to new movies. In older movies there are other stuff to look at.

Sure, there might be more than the ending in the movie, but it all seems very predictable, not just the ending...

I don't think that you can qualify the movie just yet. You've seen only one trailer, you've admitted that you don't know the story, and from what we've heard from others so far, the story is great. Surely you are entitled to your opinion, but why don't you wait a little before you bash the movie.

That is lame.

You think people are watching movies because of the unpredictable x factor ?

So how come the TITANIC was a blast to watch according to millions of viewers ?

People watched the TITANIC more the 2nd time then they did the 1st time.

Erin brokovich, John Q even movies like V for Vendetta, matrix, LOTR are bad movies ?

It's going to suck because of their predictable factor ? I have watched Erin brokovich, John Q at least 10 times,

and I still enjoyed it. I guess it all depends on the character and filosophy of another human being.

When I go watch an action movie, I prepair to get entertained, I prepair myself to see some great action,

When I go watch a comedy movie , I prepair to get a great laugh, I don't care how the movie is going to end.

When I go watch a drama movie, such as john q, brokovich, pursuit of happyness, I don't go to see it because I know the ending ? I go and see it because these are movies with high meanings, philosophical standpoints, I try to learn something from the movie whilest I enjoy it, motivation is important.

So saying a movie will suck sorely based on the predictability of a movie is a thing people would say with no

enthusiasm and love for the cinema.

You don't read a book based on the BEGIN (front) or END (back), you read it for what's between the begin and end.

Edited by Typhoon20

That is lame.

1. You think people are watching movies because of the unpredictable x factor ?

2. So how come the TITANIC was a blast to watch according to millions of viewers ?

3. People watched the TITANIC more the 2nd time then they did the 1st time.

4. Erin brokovich, John Q even movies like V for Vendetta, matrix, LOTR are bad movies ?

5. It's going to suck because of their predictable factor ? I have watched Erin brokovich, John Q at least 10 times, and I still enjoyed it. I guess it all depends on the character and filosophy of another human being.

6. When I go watch an action movie, I prepair to get entertained, I prepair myself to see some great action,

7. When I go watch a comedy movie , I prepair to get a great laugh, I don't care how the movie is going to end.

8. When I go watch a drama movie, such as john q, brokovich, pursuit of happyness, I don't go to see it because I know the ending ? I go and see it because these are movies with high meanings, philosophical standpoints, I try to learn something from the movie whilest I enjoy it, motivation is important.

So saying a movie will suck sorely based on the predictability of a movie is a thing people would say with no

enthusiasm and love for the cinema.

You don't read a book based on the BEGIN (front) or END (back), you read it for what's between the begin and end.

1. I dont know why people watch Hollywood movies. You tell me.

2. Because people are stupid. That movie sucks.

3. See #1.

4. LOTR & Matrix is, at least. Havent seen the others.

5. Thats not the only reason why Pursuit of Happyness will suck. It will be a sweet morale cake thing, and I dont like that. "You gotta fight for your dreams, the future is ahead of you", "other bull**** that people has said 2000000 times" and so on. Its gonna be that kind of movie.

6. Action movies suck, except Die Hard 3 that shows a lot of the mid-ninties. Its also quite unpredictable.

7. Comedies are boring.

8. Sure is fun to learn something from a movie. I seriously doubt that this will make me any smarter though.

Its a matter of opinion y'all. Mo matter how many examples you throw at Lerk, it wont change his mind. Same as noi matter what Lerk says, it wont change anyon e looking forward to the movies mind. Why dont we just wait until we've seen the movie before we pass judgement? Its pointless debating about something we havent seen. Whether your defending it or attacking it.

can ask i ask lerk, do u actually like any movies at all?

and the reason i watch hollywood movies is after a boring day at work i want to see some stuff blow up. This movie doesnt have anything blowing up but i know im going to enjoy it just knowing it is some1s actual life and it doesnt matter how many times i hear the whole fight for your dreams, i'll never get bored of hearing it.