JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

should will use the internet for his new album

• Admin
now that wicked wisdom are selling there album online..what do you think of will doing the same thing.. he could make it available initially online..now..just for the true fans... and then he could get a label to release it when hes got the right deal...ive seen this happen a lot of times with all kinds of artists.. what do you think? :poke:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, i want it now and Will would get all the profits at this point. Of course it could be considered a collectors item if he tossed in any bonus stuff or if would be kinda different from the official release.

That's a great idea! The true fans will get access to it before anyone else and there will probably be bonus material on it, it would be great if Will releases it on the summer on the Internet while he's finalizing his decison on a record label, when it'll probably hit the shelves around the Christmas holiday.

Guest Prince
I don't think releasing it first on the internet would be a good idea... People would buy it yes, but more people would download it. By the time albums hit shelves, the majority of people would have downloaded the tracks they want anyway so the likelihood is they won't then go on to buy the album.

[quote=Prince,May 22 2004, 09:15 AM]I don't think releasing it first on the internet would be a good idea... People would buy it yes, but more people would download it. By the time albums hit shelves, the majority of people would have downloaded the tracks they want anyway so the likelihood is they won't then go on to buy the album.[/quote]
I think that happened when Born To Reign came out wit people downloading his music. I think he broke a record for most people downloading a song when "Black Suits Comin'" came out but the album "Born To Reign" sold even less records than Norega's album:"God's Favorite" when they were released at the same time, I don't think Norega ever went platinum in his career, so that wasn't a good look for Will Smith who probably sold more records than any rapper alive(only 2Pac sold more I think)! Majority of fans ain't loyal anyway so that's a good point that you made Prince, but I don't see why he shouldn't drop it on the internet and see what happens. It's almost summertime and I want somethin' that I could bump in my ride! :dancingcool: I wanna get that along with the new KRS-ONE and Nas that are droppin' in July 'cause they're 3 of my favorite rappers!

I think that Eminem sold more than Jay-Z did and he's probably closer to JJFP in record sales than Jay-Z is but that's not the point. His best album "Big Willie Style" sold more albums than most artists careers(I think even LL only sold 11 million copies in his 19 year career and KRS-ONE only sold 5 million in his 17 year career). Will Smith has something that a lot of rappers don't have which is longevity. As poorly as "Born To Reign" was KRS-ONE's last 3 albums combined probably didn't sell as much as "Born To Reign" so we have to put things in perspective here! More people in hip-hop gotta give Big Will the credit he deserves. :bowdown:

I like the way Will put it. But for many people like me, it would be harder to get it online. And the downloading issue is a good point. Everyone could download the whole album before it even came out.

Meh, anyway the album comes out, I JUST WANT IT TO COME OUT.

God Blessa!

It would be a great idea for Will to release it over the internet. I think he should bypass big record labels altogether. I think he could make more money if he released it to places like ITunes or Napster.com. I want Will to have complete control over his music and if he's on some big label then he won't have complete control. They'll try to make him compete with these wack rappers out there when they should be focused on [b]REAL HIP-HOP MUSIC![/b]

:werd: KRS-ONE's more of a street rapper but the one thing that they have in common is that they have longevity in the music game regardless of sales or not. I like them both 'cause they both have different styles than each other and I'm not dissin' KRS-ONE 'cause he's great too and so is LL(they're alsomy favorite rappers), but I'm just sayin' that Will's record sales have been more consistant over the time span the 3 have been in the game and that Will should get props for that like LL and KRS-ONE get for street credability in their longevity. And another point, I doubt that anyone will listen to Eminem in 2020(he won't even go gold), so he won't ever get to Will's level! You sound like a Will Smith hater to me :cussing: !

• Members
No once again I am just looking at things objectivley instead of saying i like wills music so in evertything will is the best and allways suport him blindley.
And all am I saying here is that you cant compare krs whit will becouse will TRIES to sell alot of records whit much more intensity then krs. Will wants to go multiplatinum, so ofcourse he wil sell more then KRS.

and about the eminem thing that would be more towards 2013, and WHO knows? maybe people will be listening to eminem then, you shouldnt make predictions things like that :P will also said eminem wouldnt last longer then 4 yars uhm well h has been one of the biggest for 6 years now