JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

ALL EYES ON 50 CENT

JumpinJack AJ

Yo 50's head aint cleaned, he needs to get shot again, but not killed, shot in the leg or sumthin, haha....Aftermath/Shady/G Unit records are falling, they just condriticing themselfs, first eminem said he wanted to squash the beef wit everyone bassicaly, and weeks l8r 50 disses fat joe who can beat 50 easily, jadakiss no problem and nas we kno he a lyrical G right? if 50 wanted beef he wouldnt do it with the top 3 rappers in the commercail game, but when will gets mr. nice guy out on the streets, fat joe, jadakiss and ofcourse nas who will and him are already good friends, are gonna gang up on Aftermath/ Shady/ G-Unit, my honest opinoin is if anyone is gonna make it out of the label alive tis going to be dr dre. i have a few tracks of his new album and its hot, these are gangster beats from dre......

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lambertj3

bigted prove what you write because you can't no offfense and aj is not thinking cleraly, nas is just acting like a punk thats why most real hip hop heads dont respect him

lambert, what world are u living in? Nas is one of the most respected emcees. I don't even listen 2 much Nas, but i respect most of his work. 50 Cent has alot of commercial success...but he's a joke. U can love him all u want, but compare his music Rakim's...there's no comparison. Please tell me where i'm not thinkin' clearly. Hip-Hop has been my music for about 20 years...and u are gonna tell me i don't know what good Hip-Hop is? 50 Cent hates on everyone and disses everyone. He's has lots of money, no friends, and dosen't take care of his own son. He's a loser...he's a joke. Read my original post, i posted exactly what happened in the interview. That post wazn't opinion, it wazn't made up. Your hero is an immature, nasty humanbeing. Open your eyes.

i don't like 50 myself but this one way of looking at it.

he clearly has a target market for his music, and you can say what you like about who those people are, and you can say what you like about his rhymes/skills/beats, etc.. but he's making music they like, he's selling records and you knock him for that

you might not agree, but thats a way i try to look at it

All right I got some proof right here for you lambert, Rev. Al Sharpton feels the same way some of us here do, peep this article I found:

"Sharpton: Ban Artists Linked to Violence

By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY

AP Music Writer

NEW YORK - The Rev. Al Sharpton is putting in his two cents about the latest drama involving 50 Cent. The civil rights leader on Tuesday proposed a ban that would muzzle artists who are connected to any violent acts, denying them airplay on radio and television for 90 days.

Though Sharpton did not single out 50 Cent by name, he told The Associated Press that a recent shooting linked to a feud involving 50 demonstrated the need for such a policy.

"There's a difference in the having the right to express yourself and in engaging in violence and using the violence to hype record sales, and then polluting young Americans that this is the key to success, by gunslinging and shooting," he said.

Whether or not that's been the key to 50's success, he's certainly having a lot of it these days.

50 Cent is poised to debut at No. 1 on next week's album charts with his new album, "The Massacre. The follow-up to his 2003 debut, "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" - which sold 8 million copies - "The Massacre" is on track to sell about 1 million copies in just four days. In addition, he's got the nation's No. 1 single with "Candy Shop."

It comes a week after a bitter feud broke out involving the rapper and his former protege, The Game. A member of The Game's crew was wounded during a shooting outside a New York hip-hop radio station, where 50 Cent - who produced part of The Game's platinum-selling debut album - was on the air, announcing that he was kicking him out of his G-Unit clique.

No one has been arrested for the shooting, and police are still investigating the incident, but some in the media have suggested it may have been the beginning of violent dispute between the two rappers, who flaunt a gangsta image: Both are former drug dealers and both have been shot multiple times. There have been comparisons to the feud between Tupac Shakur and the Notorious B.I.G. nearly a decade ago; both rappers were shot to death in separate slayings that have not been solved.

Perhaps coincidentally, rapper Lil' Kim is on trial for perjury and conspiracy in connection with another shooting that occurred outside the same hip-hop station in 2001. Lil Kim is accused of lying about the incident to protect the alleged shooters.

Meanwhile, Newsweek reported this week that the federal government is investigating the entire rap industry for alleged crimes; already, Irv Gotti, head of The Inc. label, was arrested earlier this year on money laundering charges. A federal indictment alleges the label, home to Ja Rule and Ashanti, was part of a murderous criminal enterprise that protected its interstate crack and heroin operation with calculated street assassinations.

Sharpton stressed that he was not targeting 50 Cent or The Game in his new crusade, and noted he did not know what role, if any, the two had in the shooting. But he did say there should be a process in which violent acts involving rap acts are punished by denying them publicity on the airwaves.

"The whole body politic of America addressed Janet Jackson's breast, and it didn't hurt anybody," he said of the infamous Super Bowl flashing. "Here you have actual bloodshed, and people are not even responding at federally regulated radio stations. ... black kids are expected to shoot each other, and nobody cares? Well I care, and I think somebody should do something about it."

A request for comment to Universal Music Group - the parent company of 50 Cent's label Interscope - was not immediately returned, nor was a request put into MTV or Sony BMG.

A representative for Hot 97 (WQHT-FM in New York) said the radio station meets Federal Communications Commission standards.

"We in no way condone acts of violence," station spokesman Alex Dudley said. "We hope that the perpetrators of these violent acts are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law by the proper authorities."

Bryan Leach, a vice president at TVT Records (home to platinum-selling rappers such as Lil Jon and the East Side Boyz and the Ying Yang Twins), said he wasn't sure Sharpton's proposal was the right way to resolve rap-related violence. But he conceded the issue needed to be addressed.

"I think we can be vocal and I think we can show people that it's something that concerns us just like piracy concerns us," he said. "Violence in songs and violence in terms of how it translates in society, in particular the black community, is something that concerns a large part of the record industry."

Leach said he was also concerned that the media was sensationalizing the events of the past week and potentially inflaming the situation.

"A lot of it doesn't seem to be coming from people who really understand the history, really understand the parties involved, really understand a lot of the facts," he said."

I like the idea of punishing celebrities for purposly putting out negative things in interviews. Maybe people like 50 Cent, who obvoiusly think they are indistructable and perfect would watch their mouth. It's 4 his own benifit, his recent interviews make him sound like the biggest idiot in the world. Maybe those phoney rappers out there would watch the front that they put on if their commercial accesability would be threatened.

It's amazin' how much people are into these gimmicks, 1 million people bought his album in 4 days? :nono: It seems that mostly anything positive in hip-hop these days is banned 'cause I don't see artists like Talib Kweli, De La Soul, or KRS-ONE get airplay, kids think that you could only get famous in rap if you're a drug addict and shoot people, is this the message we wanna give our kids?,if people learned not to buy into the propaganda, maybe these gimmick rappers would learn to do the right thing, I don't hate on 50 Cent, it's just that the way he acts makes me lose all respect that I used to have for him when he 1st came out, it's cool to have skills/talent, but if you don't know how to act as a person, that talent is meaningless, we have never seen LL Cool J, Nas, or JJFP do somethin' like this in the spotlight because they're more mature, how could they be punks when they do and say the right thing? 50 Cent is counterfeit, open your eyes lambert, it's obvious to see like AJ said if you look at his interviews, I also blame the media for putting that garbage on the air, they should learn to interview somebody that could put logical sentences together, he sounds uneducated, no offense. By the way I do buy that real s--- not that 50 Cent! :poke: Even if you give props to 50 Cent on a G Unit board, you're gonna catch some criticism 'cause even some of his fans are turnin' on him, I bet most of those people who bought his new album just bought it so they could see how corny it was. :kekeke:

btw I got a link here if anyone needs a laugh:

http://forums.undergroundhiphop.com/readpo...stionID=1378098

Edited by bigted

It's amazin' how much people are into these gimmicks, 1 million people bought his album in 4 days? :nono: It seems that mostly anything positive in hip-hop these days is banned 'cause I don't see artists like Talib Kweli, De La Soul, or KRS-ONE get airplay, kids think that you could only get famous in rap if you're a drug addict and shoot people, is this the message we wanna give our kids?,if people learned not to buy into the propaganda, maybe these gimmick rappers would learn to do the right thing, I don't hate on 50 Cent, it's just that the way he acts makes me lose all respect that I used to have for him when he 1st came out, it's cool to have skills/talent, but if you don't know how to act as a person, that talent is meaningless, we have never seen LL Cool J, Nas, or JJFP do somethin' like this in the spotlight because they're more mature, how could they be punks when they do and say the right thing? 50 Cent is counterfeit, open your eyes lambert, it's obvious to see like AJ said if you look at his interviews, I also blame the media for putting that garbage on the air, they should learn to interview somebody that could put logical sentences together, he sounds uneducated, no offense. By the way I do buy that real s--- not that 50 Cent! :poke: Even if you give props to 50 Cent on a G Unit board, you're gonna catch some criticism 'cause even some of his fans are turnin' on him, I bet most of those people who bought his new album just bought it so they could see how corny it was. :kekeke:

btw I got a link here if anyone needs a laugh:

http://forums.undergroundhiphop.com/readpo...stionID=1378098

Haha thanx 4 the link! It's funny... :hilarious:

Guest lambertj3

bigted i think youre missing the point this is hype to sell records he is lyrically talented though he needs to stop hating so much has freinds and hey no ones perfect, and yes he does make real music and 1 million others would agree , aj i am fully awake and my eyes are open , he is real, and you can't believe evrything you see on tv, as far as what world i am in if you want to know its the real world what world are you in?

bigted i think youre missing the point this is hype to sell records he is lyrically talented though he needs to stop hating so much has freinds and hey no ones perfect, and yes he does make real music and 1 million others would agree...

Hype to sell records? I don't call somebody nearly gettin' killed only hype to sell records, that's idiotic, if 50 keep's actin' the way he does he's gonna get killed, he's from New York too, why'd he diss the place he's from on that MTV special by sayin' New York rap is garbage, I just don't get it, he ain't keepin' it real, it'd be kinda distubing if FP said somethin' negative about Philly don't u think? You're missing my point lambert, record sales don't neccessarily mean that you're the most talented artist, if that was the case Britney Spears is a musical goddess 'cause she sold 100 million albums. :kekeke: 50 Cent is the Britney Spears of rap, let's keep it real, it's all gimmicks that make the front page of your magazine. :blabla: End of story

Guest lambertj3

i would have to disagree if records sells didn't mean much people wouldn't buy them and i would agree new york rap is garbage name anybody as big as 50, nas , jay- z there is a big drop off after all i see is a lot of jealousy by people who mad their records ain't as hot, that last part of your post was just your opinion when not only sales but the streets are feeling him too in my hood gangstas to men and women older than me are feeling him so youre wrong there

I just saw that music video Disco Inferno on some channel. The video featured lesbian hoes (must be some minority group), an ugly guy named 50 Cent and some really really bad music where he was using words I used when I was three years old. Amazing that a guy like this can sell any records at all. Its like if... Stephen Hawking becomes the new James Bond or something.

I just saw that music video Disco Inferno on some channel. The video featured lesbian hoes (must be some minority group), an ugly guy named 50 Cent and some really really bad music where he was using words I used when I was three years old. Amazing that a guy like this can sell any records at all. Its like if... Stephen Hawking becomes the new James Bond or something.

No, it's me! I'm the new James Bond! Just remember my pic in the ''Faces behind the posts'' section... :kekeke:

:kool: