JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP.COM INTERVIEW WITH DJ JAZZY JEFF

Wow! What a fantastic interview! :clap: Congratz to everyone who made it possible, this is the greatest Jeff interview I've ever seen.
It's always so amazing to hear what Jeff has to say. And it's so cool Jeff took the time to answer some of our questions. AJ, you made him think with that one! :D
Nice words for Tim too. Definitely a video to remember :)

All I can say is.....wow! :clap:

I've been nagging Kev on facebook and twitter the last few days because I was so excited for this and couldn't wait to hear it. Kev - you uploaded it at the perfect time. You last tweeted me at 4:45pm my time and as soon as 5 o'clock came, I sprinted out of work and quickly hooked this up to my car so I could listen to it/watch it (eyes on the road, of course lol) on my commute home. This was very enjoyable.

I love how Jeff knows exactly how we feel from a fan's perspective. He was talking about the 1-on-1 relationship and interaction with the fans and its still surreal that he knows some of us here on a first name basis and goes out of his way to do these things for us (hookups at shows, facebook comments, music...etc). I'm so appreciative of it..

Thanks for asking about Code Red. That was probably the one question I asked that I hoped would make it on the interview. I'm with Tim on this one, I love Code Red. I love all the albums but Code Red is really a masterpiece. It's so fascinating to hear that they thought they were losing Jive's support. I'm almost baffled by it because at the time, it was only a few months after Homebase hit with Summertime and the duo was on TV every Monday night. Also, no one on hip-hop blogs/media/reviews ever mention Code Red. Jeff mentioned the clashes they had between the artistry and commercial music and it kinda makes me wonder at the end of Scream, how Will is sort of rapping like Dr. Dre/Snoop Dogg. It's pretty funny if he's subliminally mocking Jive and the commercial sound at the time.

AJ - hell of a question man. That was really thought-provoking.

Also, big thanks to everyone involved in orchestrating this. I lived vicariously through you guys and I hope there's more fan Q&A's to come. Literally - the best JJ interview ever. :clap:

This is definitely a crowning moment for the forum. To think that the seed for this was planted in the mid-90's is pretty crazy. I wish there was time for more of our questions, but I'm glad he hit a few of them. I was happy to hear one of my questions asked, but I was even happier to hear it answered. He gave a great introspective answer on that. I actually inspired me with something I'm dealing with right now. ...crazy.

I love that he really gets what the website and forum is all about. Tim has done an amazing job over the years and there's been dozens of amazing people who've contributed to the site and graced the message boards. This is a dope moment in the website's history.

:clap::clap:

Great stuff guys! Love this interview. He talks about a lot of stuff that I hadn't heard before. To think that he didn't like "Parents Just Don't Understand" and " A Touch Of Jazz". Crazy!

The way he talks about working with Will gives me hope that we will hear a new song/album in the future.

This is dope stuff! Great work Kev!

:clap::clap:

Great stuff guys! Love this interview. He talks about a lot of stuff that I hadn't heard before. To think that he didn't like "Parents Just Don't Understand" and " A Touch Of Jazz". Crazy!

The way he talks about working with Will gives me hope that we will hear a new song/album in the future.

This is dope stuff! Great work Kev!

Crazy he didn't like those records right?! I was stunned by that too. I'm not sure if anyone remembers but Will did an interview with Big Boy in LA back in 2001/2002-ish and he was asked what was the worst song he ever did. He said "Boom! Shake the Room" was really wack. That's also a surprise too.

I like "Parents..." and "Boom!..," but they are amongst my least favorite tracks on the album. They are great singles, but the other songs on their respective albums are better. Hands down! I have no idea why he thought "A Touch of Jazz" wasn't as amazing as it is though.

This is just fantastic, I feel so proud of you guys and feel proud to be a JJFP fan right now! Thanks so much for bringing this. This is a top moment for us in this forum!

• 2 weeks later...

Aiming to get a HD version of this uploaded this weekend, and maybe an edit at around 10 mins with key questions for the causal viewer to want to watch. 40 + mins is off putting to some casual fans.

• Hero1 unpinned this topic