JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

shark tale soundtrack is dope!!

Hero1

Info about UK release date:

[url="http://www2.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=220;1;8;20&sku=322111"]http://www2.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProduc...8;20&sku=322111[/url]

The Sharktale soundtrack looks like it's the way soundtracks could be. The soundtracks of 2day usually suck. They usually just throw random songs on an album donated by artists who didn't want 2 put various B-level and C-level songs on their own albums.

The Sharktale soundtrack has it all. Established artists and some new artists mixed 2gether. A few colabos (FP + MJB, Missy + Christina) and people from different musical genres and flavas. On top of that, it looks like nearly every track waz recorded 4 the soundtrack and not just songs donated by artists they recorded months ago. I can't wait 2 get it....at least we know it won't suck as much as the Bad Boys II soundtrack.

:werd: It's hard to find a good soundtrack or mixtape these days, a lot of them are garbage but those FP&MJB and Missy&Christina collabos sound hot! :dj: I didn't buy the Bad Boys II soundtrack, I borrowed it from the library and after I heard it I'm glad I didn't waste my money on it. :roll:

[quote=E - Style-Greesy - E,Sep 20 2004, 07:19 PM]No, Will is rappin' too less, just a lil' small part :sad6:[/quote]
I think it's perfect. This is a Mary J. Blige song feat. FP...not the other way around. Since he is about 2 make a big music comeback, i think this is the perfect way. He should save a full track 4 the 1st single of his album, not a soundtrack. Besides, unlike "Black Suits Comin'," this track is pretty much guarenteed 2 be a long-term hit, not a 3 week hit.

Nothings confirmed...but at this rate, we have no idea when the new album is dropping. Since this soundtrack will probably be pretty big, millions of people are gonna be hearing this new track b4 the new album drops. Since they play the song in the credits, it probably is planned 2 be a single. But either way, this'll be the 1st time alot of people hear from the Fresh Prince in a long tyme.

Here's my review...

[b]SEAN PAUL + ZIGGY MARLEY "THREE LITTLE BIRDS"[/b]
Nice cover. I'm a fan of Sean Paul and of Ziggy Mareley (from the songs i've heard in the past). The production puts a new edge on this Bob Marley classic but there's nothing about it that goes above and beyond standard expectations.

[b]CHRISTINA AGUILERA + MISSY ELLIOT[/b]
Here's a dancable pop/R-N-B cover of a classic. Missy produced it so i waz expecting a lil' more on the production tip. It's not bad, just not incredible either. Christina sounds great as usual.

[b]JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE + TIMBALAND "GOOD FOOT"[/b]
Nice beat from Timbaland...not as good as the stuff on his albums or albums he executive produces. Justin's verses are weak but the hook is nice.

[b]JO JO "SECRET LOVE"[/b]
Ahhhh...now this is the 1st stand out track on the album. Jo Jo sounds incredible (as she dose on her own album). The production is flawless. Perfect mid-tempo radio-friendly R-N-B track. I LOVE THIS ONE!!!

[b]D12 "LIES & RUMORS"[/b]
The beat is fun but it's not that good. Most of their flows are wack as ever but at least they aren't trying 2 be hard. The hooks is 4gettable. No Eminem in site either.

[b]MARY J. BLIGE + WILL SMITH[/b]
Ya'll have heard this one. Nice recreation of a classic. Mary J. Blige covers it perfectly by staying true 2 the original. FP's rap is kinda short and kinda lazy...but it's still good. I thought this would hold me over until the new album...i waz wrong, this song dosen't do anything big 4 me right now. Compared 2 "Boy You Knock Me Out" and "Hey Sexy Lady"...this would be his weakest cameo.

[b]AVANT "CAN'T WAIT"[/b]
Yeah!!! This is the 2nd stand out track 4 me. Standard smooth R-N-B production with Avant bringing flawless R-N-B vocals. I love Avant and he definitly has one of the best trax on the album.

[b]LUDACRIS, BOBBY V, + LIL FATE "GOLD DIGGER"[/b]
I didn't expect 2 like this track cuz of who it's by but it's pretty good. Ludacris just overdose that dirty south thing which makes me ignore him these days...but this track is good.

[b]INDIA.ARIE "GET IT TOGETHER"[/b]
PERFECT!! Man, i love this song. It's off her last album so i've been in love with it for about 2 years. Glad 2 see it get some new life by being put on this soundtrack. Amazing song.

[b]THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS "WE WENT AS FAR AS WE FELT LIKE GOING"[/b]
Here's a fun disco-pop joint. The song is alot of fun but not something i'll be listening 2 very often.

[b]FAN_3 "DIGITS"[/b]
This song is crazy...i love it. The production has this crazy pop-rap vibe. It's like a live Hip-Hop show meets live rock show vibe. The emcee on the track is the best female emcee i've heard since the '80's. The energy and lyrics just take me back 2 a better time in Hip-Hop. I'll definitly be checking for Fan_3's album.

[b]CHERYL LYNN "SWEET KIND OF LOVE"[/b]
Dance-R-N-B song. Good song but kinda forgettable.

Overall, i think the production 4 most of the trax is kinda weak but the talent is pretty good overall. I'm getting kinda sick of artists covering songs, so all the covers on this soundtrack didn't help my personal opinion on it. This soundtrack is the kinda album i can only listen 2 when i'm in the mood 4 it. It's looking like a pretty forgettable album but i'm hoping that seeing the movie will breathe more interest in it 4 me when i see it.

My top joints are...

Jo Jo "Secret Love"
Avant "Can't Wait"
India.Irie "Get It Together"
Fan_3 "Digits"
Mary J. Blige + Will Smith "Got To Be Real"
Christina Aguilera + Missy Elliott "Car Wash"
Ziggy Marley + Sean Paul "Three Little Birds"

Oh yeah, and Kel Spencer is mentioned in the Thank Yous!!