JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Portable Video Players...

MaxFly

The only point it really holds, is for a long car trip, or to show a friend a video, you downloaded.

There is no way i'm watching a movie on an iPod Screen. So I'd probably only utilize it for the latter of the 2. These OCmpanies are doing it just to do it.

Well they're probably hoping that everybody buys them as gifts for the holiday season, that's why they're all coming out now. :stickpoke:

So let me get this straight... If you guy could carry every episode of FPOBA, every JJFP/Will music video, put all of the JJFP/Will albums including all of the remixes on the device, and then carry 2 or 3 of his movies all at the same time... it would be a waste of money? I made this Will centric to get you guys thinking... By the way, the video iPod may be the Holiday gimmick this year, but PVPs in general have been around for about 2 years now.

@Maxfly

Yea but why would you want to walk around with everything JJFP!! I mean who walks around the streets from wherever you are and think Hey I am going to stand here and watch ID4 Jus for the hell of it, it's a stupid thing, it's smart for people who want to watch movies on a small screen while walking around. But I'd rather just watch DVD's on a DVD player and a big screen TV then watch a small screen.

@Maxfly

Yea but why would you want to walk around with everything JJFP!! I mean who walks around the streets from wherever you are and think Hey I am going to stand here and watch ID4 Jus for the hell of it, it's a stupid thing, it's smart for people who want to watch movies on a small screen while walking around. But I'd rather just watch DVD's on a DVD player and a big screen TV then watch a small screen.

Well the JJFP inundation was just an example, but the device are really for those who are commuting to work, school or what have you on public transportation, or who travel and would rather not lug around their laptop. It wouldn't be practical for walking around. Take for example the PSP. Why would anyone ever need a PSP when you can just get a play station 2 and play on a larger screen? Walking around with a PSP is just as practical as walking around with a PVP... you're likely to end up walking into people or walking into traffic. Both devices are built for those who often find themselves with time on their hands in places that are restrictive. 30 minute ride on the bus somewhere... some people pull out the PSPs. You'd be able to pull out your PVP and watch an entire episode of one of your favorite sitcoms, or in the very near future, read a digital book while listening to music at the same time on that one device.

What do others think? I bring it up because it seems that the natural evolution of personal technology will inevitably bring us more personal media. Video on cell phones, WiMax enabled devices for quick on the go downloads of news programs, the ability for cell phones and other devices to capture and save live over the air television, digital books. We're already able to browse the internet and text or instant message people with cell phones, but perhaps better integration of devices onto the net for direct access to media...

Companies are working on nuclear powered batteries for long life and to service the more power hungry devices... personal technology is still on the move... it's pretty cool.

well it's a waste of my money. like Jonny said, i don't ever find myself in a spot where i think "damn i wish i could watch a video right now". it's expensive and i wouldn't ever utilize it. i suppose it could be handy for those videos you dont want your parents to know you have! :rofl: maybe Kanye West should get one of those and have his entertainment with him all the time :lolsign: but seriously, the screens are so small that you can't see clearly whats going on. no thanx i'll stick to my television. the only way it'd be useful to me and worth my money is if they make one that has satellite reception or something so u can see live TV and catch events that you may be missing because you're out somewhere. but who cares about just movies or videos? i don't