JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will's says he still loves hip-hop

bigted

Yeah you either got it or you don't, 50 don't got it, he was never better than average, I remember seeing AJ make a comment about why doesn't 50 rap like Rakim if he claimed to have grown up saying that he loved listening to Rakim check his melody but the truth is that he don't have the skills to do so, even if he wanted to try harder, hey I loved watching Michael Jordan play basketball but that don't mean I could play like him, 50 just don't have the talent even though he wish he did...

Now this ain't the first time Will/LL have rapped with rappers that ain't on their level, they're just trying to be team players, not everyone on the team's a superstar but that don't mean you quit the team, I'd rather see them work with 50 than see them retire, you make the best with what you have when you're in the game, and how do you know that 50 didn't want to work with them? After all millions of people in 50's generation grew up on these great rappers like FP and LL, I think that as long as it's a respectful collaboration it's all good with me and it's good for hip-hop to see ol' school and new school come together but if 50 trys to gets FP and LL involved in his silly beefs then it wouldn't be good... Really though if Will comes out and calls 50 Cent garbage is that really good for hip-hop? I don't think so, Will's gonna be snooping to 50's level, he'd be going into a foolish beef, rappers need to evolve beyond beefing, it's played out, if it's in good fun on the mic then that's cool but it ain't that way nomore, "Lost and found" was done in a tasteful way just a call for all rappers to step their game up, come up with your own style, Will's telling rappers to be themselves, rap with your soul and don't just do what the record label tells you to do to sell records,and Will's shown that he loves hip-hop more than most rappers, could you name me how many rappers have done 9 albums or more? It's a very short list, Will lives and breathes hip-hop, he is hip-hop, actions speak louder than words...

Edited by bigted

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are overhyping this possibility. They are only working together on producing, nothing else might come from it. K.Smith is probably a big 50 fan and asked Will to hook him up on helping him with his work. Who knows

1.Yeah you either got it or you don't, 50 don't got it, he was never better than average, I remember seeing AJ make a comment about 2.why doesn't 50 rap like Rakim if he claimed to have grown up saying that he loved listening to Rakim check his melody but the truth is that he don't have the skills to do so, even if he wanted to try harder, hey I loved watching Michael Jordan play basketball but that don't mean I could play like him, 50 just don't have the talent even though he wish he did...

Now this ain't the first time Will/LL have rapped with rappers that ain't on their level, they're just trying to be team players, not everyone on the team's a superstar but that don't mean you quit the team, 3.I'd rather see them work with 50 than see them retire, you make the best with what you have when you're in the game, and how do you know that 50 didn't want to work with them? After all millions of people in 50's generation grew up on these great rappers like FP and LL, I think that as long as it's a respectful collaboration it's all good with me and it's good for hip-hop to see ol' school and new school come together 4.but if 50 trys to gets FP and LL involved in his silly beefs then it wouldn't be good... Really though if Will comes out and calls 50 Cent garbage is that really good for hip-hop? I don't think so, Will's gonna be snooping to 50's level, he'd be going into a foolish beef, rappers need to evolve beyond beefing, it's played out, if it's in good fun on the mic then that's cool but it ain't that way nomore, "Lost and found" was done in a tasteful way just a call for all rappers to step their game up, come up with your own style, Will's telling rappers to be themselves, rap with your soul and don't just do what the record label tells you to do to sell records,and Will's shown that he loves hip-hop more than most rappers, 5.could you name me how many rappers have done 9 albums or more? It's a very short list, Will lives and breathes hip-hop, he is hip-hop, actions speak louder than words...

1. That is not what I said or meant. 50 doesn't got what? Skill? 9/10 on this forum would surely say NO! I meant, 50 Cent is not changing his style for anyone. He might vary it a slight bit but ONLY to make money. Now what he does with that money is on him. Buy a car, buy a house, make a more affordable computer for the hood, whatever. You either accept 50's "G-Unit" way or you don't. You like his Power of A Dollar, his mixtape status, his GRODT, his Massacre album, his collabos, his clique, all or any combination. That's what I was saying. Who has totally flipped the way they rap? I mean TOTALLY FLIPPED. THINK about THAT. Not even Nas has FLIPPED. He's just a matured artist. KRS-One (<----you see this Ted) didn't FLIP. This is not to say I'm so right, I dare somebody to prove me wrong. Just think about it, the point I'm tryna bring about.

2. Why doesn't 50 Cent rap like Rakim? You wanna say skill, ok, but '50 on Power of A Dollar' and '50 on Get Rich...' are different. He can't rap that easy or quick. Or maybe he purposely changed his style cause of Lloyd Banks advice. I don't know. Let's say 50 Cent kept his G-Unit way but rapped like Rakim. Would you suddenly listen? You would at least peep right?

3. Are you sure you are not going to regret saying that in the future? Do you at least understand the context of what you said right there? (and I agree with KevTastic, this has just got people overhyped and panicky)

4. 50 can try all day. It's not going to happen. I mean it's is very slim as a possibility. I can picture what Will could say. But it just doesn't make any sense. Who has 50 been beefin' wit as of late anyway? cause I sure as heck don't know. What is Will Smith gonna say against The Game? Will knows where most of his haters are at, at least those that matter. There is no guarantee when it comes to beef. NaS & Jay-Z pushed the limits a lil bit, but look at where they are now.

5. Yeah it is a short list. But is it at least some quality material? Ain't got to be a million either. You very well know that. Nas, 2pac, LL Cool J, Too Short, Will Smith (obviously, why would you mention it here?), Master P (if I'm not mistaken), Snoop is close ain't he?

The Hip Hop world is just getting deeper and deeper on so many levels here lately. It's a wonder what we as fans could see next.

1-No 50 ain't an all time great mc simple and plain, never has been, never will be, he ain't the worst but nowhere near the best

2-AJ asked that question basically in a thread when "Hate It Or Love It" came out and 50 gave props to Rakim I remember, 50 just can't be on Rakim's level no matter how hard he tries to be, few can really, I really think that mcs like Rakim rapped on such a phenomenal level when they came into the game that it's really hard to equal or top that level of talent for the future generation of rappers, there's some good hip-hop out in between but really there's not much classic hip-hop anymore, like Chuck D said in his terrordome there's not really many albums out that a lot of people could name more than 5 non video songs off the top of their head over the last 5-10 years, it's really love/hate type of hip-hop now, not much essential music that's a must to have, basically fans talk more about tabloids than they do the content of albums, it's not really there anymore

3-Well who knows maybe I will regret it but I don't want to see my favorite rappers hang it up yet, as long as they come strong it don't really matter who else they work with, I buy their albums to hear them

4-Yeah it won't happen, Will's a grown ass man, he won't downgrade himself like that at this point in his career, he worked too hard then to just lower himself down like that into silly beefs

5-Don't forget Public Enemy and KRS, I think Public Enemy's at 9 as well, KRS is at 13 at the moment...

I think we are overhyping this possibility. They are only working together on producing, nothing else might come from it. K.Smith is probably a big 50 fan and asked Will to hook him up on helping him with his work. Who knows

Yes, I agree!

They're only working together on producing the album by K. So that's nothing bad or strange, just don't make it a too big deal! ;)