JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will's says he still loves hip-hop

bigted

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yeah you guys gotta keep in my mind that the kid's 16 years old, some of my lyrics I wrote at 16 were crap too, give the kid time, with help from his legendary uncle I'm sure he could straighten it out, he'll come along faster than I did since I don't have that luxury, lol, Will should have him come on this board and battle us, I don't think he could beat me, I want my contract, Will should be concentrating on me, lol

no offence to Will's Nephew but he'll always have to live in his illustrious uncle's shadow, and always be billed and known as Family of Will Smith.

Yeah it's like Michael Jordan's son trying to play basketball

Will needs to teach 50 Cent how to rap better too while he's there teaching his nephew :stickpoke:

If anything, the music part of the interview depressed me more. Will is an excellent rapper but he is not my God. I can't state my stance and change it whenever Will goes against it.

THIS:

WS: I love hip-hop and always will. I am hip-hop. Our hip-hop culture is the world's greatest culture because it's the world's only culture, other than sports, that unites every race for one common thing: rockin' the mic and rockin' the crowd.

THIS is autopilot Will. This is what Will Smith the actor has got to say. It's a lot like Will Smith the rapper but more rehearsed.

Then there's the hypocrisy factor. Will has been known to call bad rappers out without using names, but now he's giving props to bad rappers by name. If 50 Cent isn't the low-level rapper described in Lost and Found then WHO is? He's guilty of everything described on the song.

I'll take a lot of heat for this post but it needs to be said. If this means Will is gonna make another album within the next few years then great. But if this means that Will is gonna make another album with anyone on the level of 50 then don't tell me. Another thing that sucks from this interview is that I got no vibe that said he's even interesting in making another album anytime soon.

Ok.

God Blessa!

I don't get why vets like LL Cool J and Will want to work with 50...All signs on the box-office predict that 50's time in the spotlight is definetaly over!

Yeah it doesn't make much sense, they're actually gonna help 50's career be longer now :shakehead:

What in the world?!? 50 Cent is not going to change. Nobody can do anything about it. 50 will rap better? So are you thinking he could totally do a 180 and rap like some LL, FP, Run DMC, etc. You either take 50 for what he's done and become or you don't.

Has Will Smith ever done anything THIS "disappointing" (according to this forum) in the past?